450 more callouts for Afghan - just announced

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by ssupersixfour, Jul 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well that just about sums it up.

No new infantry battallions.
    No new Chinooks ( or even blackhawks which could concievably be purchased at short notice ).

But lo and behold a medical unit for the inevitable casualties this failure to reinforce must result in! :x :x :x :x
  2. This is still live and being announced: however there were earlier announcements of regular reinforcements, some of whom were infantry. I just quickly posted the TA component in this forum 'cos I thought ppl might be interested.
  3. Seems to be medical and logistics ... So 900 extra sent to Afghan and 1/2 of them TA?
  4. I tunes i halfway through the statement and perhapsed jumped the gun a bit, but we are still looking at barely half a battalion of boots on the ground combatants - no concrete commitment seems to be forthcoming in regards to helicopter support, although I suppose the brass have the details they need to know.
  5. 28 Engineer Regt
    RM Commando
    and even part of them are T. A, 131 Cmdo R.E. 412 Tp. ( v ) 28 Engrs
  6. msr

msr LE

The $64,000 question is: Will these mobilisations be voluntary or compulsory?

If compulsory, I suspect that many employers will start putting ultimatums to their TA staff.

7. Can't see them getting the 400 they need from volunteers alone, I suspect the phones are warming up ringing round to see who will jump before being pushed. Funny thing is I had my name down for a job there and got told, sorry boss, guy in theatre is extending we don't need you. Might be changing now. :roll:
  8. From that, I'd think they were all volunteers. If it was compulsory the figure would have been around 600.

From what I remember, for every post that needs to be filled either:

3 regular reservists need to be sent papets,
    2 TA need papers (compulsory call out) or
    1.125 TA volunteers for voluntary call out (if I'm right about the above figures)

The wording on the sites are not very clear but I think the 'mobilisees' have already have put their hands up
  9. 212 Field hosp were (according to my sources) under threat of mobilisation to the 'stan for some time to replace exitsing field hospital there. Therefore their presence cannot really be "extra" to what already exists.
  10. Im awaiting my two weeks notice letter for telic, wonder if they will change the letter or just use tippex?
  11. Nope danielsan, if your in the same outfit as me,we are booked in for a place this Telic!
    Remember we have done that place once, bad form to go back before the whole unit does Iraq... :lol:
  12. Ninj I believe from your previous posts I will be joining you (7 Scots) as an augmentee. In what capacity I dont yet know. You inf boys aren't still walking everywhere are you? :D
  13. Wait til you get on the plane, then and only then will you know for sure!