45 Regt.

Are there any seriously old salts on here who would remember 45 regt and a certain officer Maj W.R.H. Cobham, am having a bit of a dig around but there seems to be very little info on him?
Any help most appreciated! You would need to have been around from late sixties to early eighties.

Remember the Regt, But not the Officer. It was a fine Unit and had a fair football team won the Army Challenge Cup when it was worth winning. Late 70's early 80's????

Was 45 Regt RA not reffered to as the Fishmongers?

Some tale about a WRAC Major several blurkes and loads of ale??

Can any one remember this dit?

Yeah I remember something going around in the late 80's about a fishmonger who dressed as a WRAC Major, although he was better looking, and got the young crows from 45 to bum him and he'd give them a blow job. As I recall, a guy in Aldershot did the same thing, although "he only did it for the money"!

I

inchhigh

I was 45 Regt from 1988 untill the disbandment and i cant remember the officer either,sorry.i do however remember the fish story and knew the guys involved.......................................

Yeah no this was a bloke i believe left 1984... Thanks very much for the memories tho! Any other offers?

An old topic I know, but I was 45 and I knew the guy in question. Apparently (as I wasn't witness!) this then young Gunner, got caught in a car with this WRAC Major/fishmonger/player of the pink claranet by the guard whilst parked up in Kirkee Bks, Colchester. Now they werent shaking hands, and they werent hugging each other either, ok the WRAC may have been choking on a boiled sweet as Gnr ****** was supposed to have been giving him/her/it the Heimlich maneuver, naked!

After that, the tabloids got hold of the story, made it front page, and he was quickly posted off to the Falklands for a few months! Now the details may not be 100% accurate, but hey this is the ARmy Rumour Service, what I will say though is that despite what he got caught doing, he was a good lad, he even got married a few years later. Now when 45 disbanded, he moved with onto ** Regt, "now a good time to leave all that in the past he thought", oh oops bugga (pardon the pun :lol: ) did I let it slip (and again :wink: ) at a Bty function!

----------------------------------------

Any other stories from 45? Anyone remember the Gunner from 52 Bty who had a habit of being involved in RTA's? Managed to lose an FH70 on the way back from Otterburn once!

MoistVelvet said:

Any other stories from 45? Anyone remember the Gunner from 52 Bty who had a habit of being involved in RTA's? Managed to lose an FH70 on the way back from Otterburn once!
that wouldnt happen top have been snorbits would it?

Ibbo

M

MIDAS

MoistVelvet said:
An old topic I know, but I was 45 and I knew the guy in question. Apparently (as I wasn't witness!) this then young Gunner, got caught in a car with this WRAC Major/fishmonger/player of the pink claranet by the guard whilst parked up in Kirkee Bks, Colchester. Now they werent shaking hands, and they werent hugging each other either, ok the WRAC may have been choking on a boiled sweet as Gnr ****** was supposed to have been giving him/her/it the Heimlich maneuver, naked!

After that, the tabloids got hold of the story, made it front page, and he was quickly posted off to the Falklands for a few months! Now the details may not be 100% accurate, but hey this is the ARmy Rumour Service, what I will say though is that despite what he got caught doing, he was a good lad, he even got married a few years later. Now when 45 disbanded, he moved with onto ** Regt, "now a good time to leave all that in the past he thought", oh oops bugga (pardon the pun :lol: ) did I let it slip (and again :wink: ) at a Bty function!

I remember that,he was driving back from westdown camp in the early hours to colchester,he was a handsome chap named after a rather large dog belonging to Bernie Winters

I was in 45 regt, and remember snorbits losing an fh70, an easy mistake to make for someone so dim.
Its only 9 and a half ton that he didn't realize he wasn't towing any more, also remember him ripping open his diesel tank on the gun square 5 min after trying to give me a row for driving to fast

An old topic I know, but I was 45 and I knew the guy in question. Apparently (as I wasn't witness!) this then young Gunner, got caught in a car with this WRAC Major/fishmonger/player of the pink claranet by the guard whilst parked up in Kirkee Bks, Colchester. Now they werent shaking hands, and they werent hugging each other either, ok the WRAC may have been choking on a boiled sweet as Gnr ****** was supposed to have been giving him/her/it the Heimlich maneuver, naked

Was that a Gnr Cart***ht by any chance? :oops: :oops:

jock-maclaren said:
I was in 45 regt, and remember snorbits losing an fh70, an easy mistake to make for someone so dim.
Its only 9 and a half ton that he didn't realize he wasn't towing any more, also remember him ripping open his diesel tank on the gun square 5 min after trying to give me a row for driving to fast
I sure do remember him ripping the fuel tank open, ended up chasing him around with a bag of spill salt and I wasn't the only one. I remember him giving back his one week old stripe after that.

How's it going then Jock do you remember me?

Ibbo

Harry_Webster said:
An old topic I know, but I was 45 and I knew the guy in question. Apparently (as I wasn't witness!) this then young Gunner, got caught in a car with this WRAC Major/fishmonger/player of the pink claranet by the guard whilst parked up in Kirkee Bks, Colchester. Now they werent shaking hands, and they werent hugging each other either, ok the WRAC may have been choking on a boiled sweet as Gnr ****** was supposed to have been giving him/her/it the Heimlich maneuver, naked

Was that a Gnr Cart***ht by any chance? :oops: :oops:
Something to do with him/her been on I recall. Yea take me up there instead son, I am a little on today.

Still anything is possible I suppose when you have a dozen pints swilling inside you. lets pray he never rolled over and let him/her have a go.

Ibbo

M

MIDAS

Do you remember the fire brigade being called because there was black smoke bellowing out of a room window in Kirkee Bks. When they arrived it was Snorbitz burning his boots down..
jock-maclaren said:

jock-maclaren said:
Bloody hell Jock, you still alive? 8O :D Glad to see you about! By the way didn't you ride into Colchester on a Motorbike, stopped at the lights and forget to put your feet down? .... errrr crash!!!

Another Snorbitzism... Aughnacloy cross border checkpoint, an artic truck is passing through, Snorbs leans on and accidently presses the panic button that raises the hydraulic barrier - result is an elevated 20+ ton artic and a blocked crossing point into Ireland for a couple of days! Oh what a guy :lol:

MoistVelvet said:

Are you sure it was a gunner in that case? When exactly did that happen? I served in 40 Fd from 81-2 and thought the incident took place when I was there. :) I recall a lot of legal debate from the trial/ court martial about whether the soldier knew he was buggering a man as opposed to a woman. His defence against the charge that "it" was ugly and offered an anus rather than a vagina was that he thought it was a WRAC Officer. I can't recall the result.

Re Losing the FH70 from Kirkee barracks.. 38 Bty wrote off the first one of the Colchester one rolling it after collection. The second was written off under what might loosely be described as "my command". We had a new toy and it was thought a good idea to try and deploy one on the local training area. The main lesson was how easy it was to knacker a trail by jack-knifing the Regiment's Best gun :) The Number One is still serving as a very distinguished LE Officer.

When 45 Arms plotted with 3RHA Snorbits remained in Colchester in C Bty, he continued with his winning ways managing to dive a Foden onto an empty Regt Square at Kirkee and crash it into the only veh parked there (a LR). Belive it or not his brother is a serving Gnr RSM

Ref the WRAC fishmonger I remeber the joke when we took over Kirkee was that "Imjin" was Korean for buggery

ibbo said:
jock-maclaren said:
I sure do remember him ripping the fuel tank open, ended up chasing him around with a bag of spill salt and I wasn't the only one. I remember him giving back his one week old stripe after that.

How's it going then Jock do you remember me?

Ibbo
Bloody Hell! you mean the actually promoted him. I remember snorbs well from my 52 days. getting hit in the head with an axe splitting it from front to back, nearly killing a kid (not his fault but typical that it was him) towing an FH70, used to gob off so much i dont think i ever seen anyone get hit as much as him, hence the good looks i think