45 Days in Iraq!

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Ventress, Dec 22, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

From a post deep in the TA Board, a the DCI for the Telic medal deems you have had to serve 45 days in Iraq to qualify for the Telic gong!

Looks like 33 Fd Hosp won't be getting the two gongs it thought it was entitled to- having had to sit out the big push in Kuwait.

2. 45 days??

Cool - ANOTHER medal for the Snail!!!!!

3. Thought that if you were there the day the war started you got a medal regardles of time served in theatre before or after! Might have been fed duff info. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

The DCI is apparantly out in January, so we can all find out if the Kremlin decides to give out the info!

5. I belive the DCI for Op Telic medal states 7 days in zone one between march 19th and april 28th! so i think 33 qualify for the medal and clasp! or have i read it wrong!!!!

6. The rules are out now, but they are not clear. Shock. I only had a quick look at the signal this afternoon but I will try and make sense of it tomorrow and get back - unless someone is at work and can get on the intranet and make sense of it all.....

7. Do we know where qualifies as zone 2?

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

The MoD website has the criteria for the Iraq Medal, with clasp qualification dates etc. Looks like a good good, harps back to the old 1882 Egypt Medal with the Babylonian statue on the back. Not sure what the Op Telic 2 will get as it doesnt mention them.

Plus the Medal will awarded for service in Kuwait.

9. bad news for medal collectors, its one gong, whether you were there for 30 days or 30 years, same medal for those out therre now as for those out there at the start, only difference is the clasp. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and those at 33, if they did 30 days after the 20 Jan 03, then theyll get it too.
    One and the same gong for all, to prevent double medaling for same theatre.

10. Guess that will upset the medal collectors in the T.A...! :twisted:

11. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

here y'go

http://www.operations.mod.uk/telic/campaign_medal.htm

( Alfie - good bite. The only gong-hunters I've met in my TA unit seem to be...er...ex-regs, as it goes! funny old thing... only 6 of our guys qualify for the clasp, having deployed in Feb 03)

pip pip what ? :?

12. well it was common knowledge in theatre where i was it was only going to be 1 medal with clasp. and that was during the summer.

13. Never mind....if you already have the gong from Telic 1 then you should be able count any further service towards the ACSM :D

14. no you cant LWM, the ACSM is only for the GSM, not any other gong.

15. I have just seen the telic medal for sale on e-bay! Item number 2237224669. How can joe public buy it from a web site when the guys who should be wearing it haven't even been issued it yet!