44 bottles

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by REMEbrat, Oct 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm after a couple of '44 pattern waterbottles but am very reluctant ot pay the £23 that Silvermans are charging for battle, mug and pouch.

Does anybody know where I can buy '44 bottles from at a sensible price, I live on Salisbury Plain if anybody knows of any shops in the area that do them.

Cheers

2. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

http://whatpriceglory.com/uklist.htm

Although coming from the states the shipping is cheap and still probably cheaper than buying it from the UK.

Find P44 bottles down the page. $18 each. Cheap as chips.

3. Unfortunatly GM I had a pair of '44s with the metal mug that were complete pants!

The lid didn't seal properly and hence I lost most of the contents down the back of my legs during a typical days manoeuvres. :x

4. '44 bottles hanging on a wall, '44 bottles hanging on a wall,

Taxi!

5. Why pray tell do you want 44 pattern water bottles :?

6. You know the answer don't you?

A deep interest in the history of UK military drinking vessels :D

7. Aaaaaaah! Now I understand :sleepy:

8. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

So why you asking for 'em then? Weirdo. :)

9. GM, all the bottles I've seen advertised by companies such as Silvermans come fitted with 'proper' plastic lids that won't leak at all.
    T_M, '44 bottles carry more than '58 bottles and being metal are much less likely to break (REMEbrat proof!).

10. I have never, ever, seen a '58 pattern break.

11. They are also less hygienic and harbour mould, the insides tarnish if they are dented. Why do you think when the next patter of webbing was designed (58 pattern) they re-designed the water bottle, and why do you think they still issue it today? Why?, because it fcuking works!!!

The only good thing about the 44 pattern bottle was the mug, and even they weren't brilliant!

You know what the real beauty of the 58 bottle is don't you? They are fcuking free, so stop trying to be ally and go and sign for one from the QM's!!! :x :x :x

T_M

12. Don't metal ones slosh too?

13. 44 Pattern bottles keep the contents nice and cold, good when you consider todays climate of Operations. Like it was mentioned though, they get well stinky inside!