• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

432s

#1
Can anybody enlighten me as to how I might go about getting a number four or five 432 hulls as a trg aid. They will be used to replicate a CP, map boards, lighting etc in the back and they will be static so no need for them to running.

Any steer you can give would be appreciated.

Cheers
 
#2
k613 said:
Can anybody enlighten me as to how I might go about getting a number four or five 432 hulls as a trg aid. They will be used to replicate a CP, map boards, lighting etc in the back and they will be static so no need for them to running.

Any steer you can give would be appreciated.

Cheers
I wasn't aware that there were any surplus! And if there were, imagine how much 5*15 tonnes of good quality mild steel would be worth on the current market?

I think you should contact the HAS IPT which has probably now moved to Abbey Wood.

Don't be surprised if you are turned down flat, though. It would be cheaper and easier to make them from MDF or plywood. Bovington does it that way, IIRC.

Litotes
 
#4
There are heaps in private hands, if you really needed one or few you could probably hire them off collectors or some of the defence companies.

If I remember it right, Millbrook vehicle proving ground has a few knocking about for driver training.
 
#5
There used to be lots of 2nd hand 432s here linky, but they seem to be out of stock right now. The Army has probably had to buy them back.

There is a Mk1 currently on Ebay.
 
#7
Closet_Jibber said:
Hang around Iraq for a Bulldog to go permanently VOR. Oh wait a minute, the Bulldog is a completely different vehicle!

:Roll:
If we're talking about the same vehicle, no, it isn't. Different engine, gearbox, running gear, suspension, armour, etc etc but underneath, still the same old 432 that we all know and love!

Litotes
 
S

Screw_The_Nut

Guest
#8
Litotes said:
Closet_Jibber said:
Hang around Iraq for a Bulldog to go permanently VOR. Oh wait a minute, the Bulldog is a completely different vehicle!

:Roll:
If we're talking about the same vehicle, no, it isn't. Different engine, gearbox, running gear, suspension, armour, etc etc but underneath, still the same old 432 that we all know and love!

Litotes
I think he was taking the mick out of MODs procurment....
 
#9
Screw_The_Nut said:
Litotes said:
Closet_Jibber said:
Hang around Iraq for a Bulldog to go permanently VOR. Oh wait a minute, the Bulldog is a completely different vehicle!

:Roll:
If we're talking about the same vehicle, no, it isn't. Different engine, gearbox, running gear, suspension, armour, etc etc but underneath, still the same old 432 that we all know and love!

Litotes
I think he was taking the mick out of MODs procurment....
Damn. Completely passed me by! :oops:

Litotes
 
#12
If you're TA, I'd say you MUST hire it just for a jolly (especially if you are light role infantry and have Yeomanry based at the same HQ i.e. Exeter).

Then just pass the bill on to them!
 
#14
incendiarycutlery said:
There are heaps in private hands, if you really needed one or few you could probably hire them off collectors or some of the defence companies.

If I remember it right, Millbrook vehicle proving ground has a few knocking about for driver training.
Yeah, they are still there on the rise above the POL point.
 

Latest Threads