432 Hearse

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Spanish_Dave, Jul 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

2. Is it followed by a FV434 and a REME LAD?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Being a civi vehicle now it's probably getting the parts without the hassle of the army logistical chain so actually works! (Not getting at REME, who always seem to work miracles - but even miracles need parts).

Nice find - I'll pass it on to the padre!

4. it already has a deadmans at the front

5. Well, if you believe that your on your way to Valhalla, it's not a bad way to arrive.

Next is the Beachy head Trebuchet, watery grave delivery system.

Pull!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

6. Tacky as fuck! only one level of vulgarity down from a east end gangster funeral with the plumed horses.

7. Very apt. If we ever faced the 3rd Guards Shock Army in them they would have been 'hearses' for quite a few of us.

• Like Like x 2
  8. They were petrol powered weren't they?
    Fuck that.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

9. I believe the early models were, ours were diesel. (1978)

10. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

Mk 1's were petrol and Mk 2's and all other variants were diesel. My first one was 26 yrs old, which at the time was five yrs older than me.....

And that was 1989 in 11 Bde!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

11. I think the order was Petrol, Multifuel, Diesel (oh go on then multifuel if you really have to, but don't)

12. A 432 hearse going into runaway mode would be something to see, the driver hauling on the tillers screaming "Stop you bastard!" as it disappears up the road leaving a plume of blue smoke and the fans are screaming like banshees.

13. My very first SLR was produced in 1960, the year that I was born.

14. Loses it's impact when it gets towed by a recy mech through the streets though.

ACAB - we've got GPMGs here, manufactured in the 60s, no problems with them what so ever!