43 (wessex) signal squadron vs B (Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry)

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Blackcat, Aug 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm located somewhere between the two above unit's and was wondering it any members whom are maybe with or have knowledge of these two units, could give me a run down on what there respective roles involve.
    By that I mean do the RWxY act as dismount's or are they a light recce mob operating from landy's? or is their still money in the pot to train them as replacement CR2 crew?, where have individuals been attached when on operations? has it been with a regular armoured unit or extra bods with infantry?.
    With regard's to 43 Signal Squadron, what exactly does their role involve as a part of 21 Signals Regiment,and do bods deploying on ops get sent where their trade is needed rather than their parent units role?.
    Sorry for so many questions, just looking at which unit to go for, at the moment I'm leaning towards Signals.

2. msr

msr LE

Go and visit both.

Then make your mind up.

msr

3. Black Cat, check your PM's.. By the way, there is more than 43 Sqn in Bath. Look a little harder and you could find a gucci little role for yourself :wink:

4. PM received and replied cheers fella

5. B/RWxY still do the Ch2 replacement crews and 43 Sqn has a very gucci role included in it indeed

6. BC- Look at your PM