42 Commando Royal Marines Memorial Garden

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by 42_Cdo, Apr 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Memorial Garden at 42 Cdo is full after suffering a number of losses in Afghanistan in recent years. The hierachy now want to refurbish in order to make space but they have been told that there is no money to pay for it. Are there any other units out there experiencing the same problems?
  2. There probably is mucker. There's a great charity team on here but they concentrate on patching up the living. Please dont think I'm being flippant with that remark because I'm not, they may well have some good contacts, war graves commission etc who could help you out. I'm sure they'll be in touch if they can help. Best of luck.
  3. I think we would all agree that all units involved in Operations would like their own Memorial Gardens and that funding, across the board, is short. However I trust that when and if you have to raise the money yourselves the powers that be will support you fully and not make it difficult when it comes to raising the necessary funds?? Incidentally just how much is needed and is there anything we can do to help?