419 Scam letter allegedly from USMC Sgt in Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by RhodieBKK, Jan 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An odd but topical version of the Nigerian 'Prince' 419 letter received today...
    See if you can spot the innacuracies...
    ahem...

From: Sgt. Anthony Tanney (leela_lover3000@sbcglobal.net)

Attn Sir;

I am contacting you here based on Trust and Confidence

I am Sgt. Anthony Tanney from the hospitality state (Mississippi), and of the US Marine Force on Monitoring and Peace –keeping mission in Baghdad-Iraq.

On the 21st day of June 2009, we were alerted on the sudden presence of some Terrorists camping in a suburb not too far from Karbala here in Iraq .After Immediate intervention, we captured three (3) of the Terrorists, twenty-six (26) were killed leaving seven (7) injured.

In the process of torture they confessed being rebels for late Ayman al-Zawahiri and took us to a cave in Karbala which served as their camp. Here we recovered several guns, bombs and other Ammunition including some boxes among which two contains nuclear weapons, one filled with hard drugs(cocaine) and the other four to my amazement contain some US Dollars amounting to $23.2M after two of my junior intelligent officers and I counted them. I however instructed them to keep this in high secrecy.

I am in keen need of a “Reliable and Trustworthy” person like you who would receive, secure and protect these boxes containing the US Dollars for me up on till my assignment elapses here in Iraq .

I assure and promise to give you 15% of this fund, however feel free to negotiate what you wish to have as your percentage in this business.

Please assure me of your keeping this topmost secret to protect my job with the US Monitoring and Peace-Keeping mission.

Kind Regards,
    Sgt. Anthony Tanney

2. Not this old chestnut...

3. What did happened to the 7 injured terrorists seeing as they only captured 3!

4. Hehe,

Sgt in charge of intelligence officers... like the ring of that.

Besides, everyone knows a marine can't spell Mississippi.

Funny stuff.

5. feck the money - how can I get me one of them I-rakki nukes?

6. I got one of those about 4 years ago..

7. Found one! What do I win?

8. please post your bank details,
    addess etc and you will soon your reward
    in your next bank statement. :)

9. love the sgt's email address!

10. You mean to say.... this is infact not a sinciere email?

I think I may have made a bit of a mistake... :oops: :\\

11. You have missed the really funny part:
    "after two of my junior intelligent officers ...."
    which as we all know is a contradiction in terms... :)

This is a letter that keeps on giving:
    "US Marine Force on Monitoring and Peace –keeping mission in Baghdad-Iraq." :soldier:

So much in so few words

etcetera.. etc...

12. Not seen this for...ooooohhh, maybe a couple of months now.

13. these emails are gettin to be a pain in the arrse

14. [​IMG]

15. now that drawing of Leela is class, and far more believable than the Marine's letter.