419 are getting worse.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by exbluejob, Jan 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought they'd sorted their shit out by now about bone spelling and totally unbelievable scenarios but nope, just got this one:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: 2012/1/3
    Subject: RELEASE OF YOUR OVER DUE CONTRACT/INHERITANCE FUNDS.
    To:

FROM THE DESK OF DR.WILLIAMS ADAM.
    DIRECTOR WORLD BANK DELEGATES IN AFRICA.
    OUR REF: WBD/IRD/CBX/028/2011

ATTN: CERTIFIED BENEFICIARY,

RELEASE OF YOUR OVER DUE CONTRACT/INHERITANCE FUNDS.THIS IS TO NOTIFY YOU THAT YOUR OVER DUE INHERITANCE FUNDS HAS BEEN GAZETTE TO BE RELEASED, VIA KEY TELEX
    TRANSFER (KTT) -DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER TO YOU THROUGH ANY OF OUR CORRESPONDENT BANK NOMINATED BY THE SENATE COMMITTEE FOR FOREIGN OVER DUE FUND TRANSFER.
    MEANWHILE, A WOMAN CAME TO MY OFFICE FEW DAYS AGO WITH A LETTER, CLAIMING TO BE YOUR TRUE REPRESENTATIVE. HERE ARE HER INFORMATION FOR YOU TO CONFIRM TO THIS OFFICE IF

THIS WOMAN IS TRULY FROM YOU OR NOT AS THE FESERAL GOVERNMENT WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING INTO WRONG ACCOUNT

NAME:MRS PAMELA DONEGAN
    BANK NAME: CITI BANK
    BANK ADDRESS: ARIZONA, USA.
    ACCOUNT NUMBER: 6503809428.

PLEASE, DO RECONFIRM TO THIS OFFICE, AS A MATTER OF URGENCY IF THIS WOMAN IS FROM YOU. YOU ARE REQUESTED TO FILL AND SEND THIS INFORMATION FOR VERIFICATION PURPOOSES

SO THAT YOUR FUND VALID US$4.5M US DOLLARS WILL BE REMITTED INTO YOUR NOMINATED BANK ACCOUNT, THESE FUNDS IS A RESULT OF INHERITANCE ON YOUR BEHALF.

THESE INFORMATION IS NEEDED FROM YOU FOR VERIFICATION

1. YOUR FULL NAME AND ADDRESS:
    2. YOUR FULL BANKING DETAILS
    3. YOUR TELEPHONE/ FAX :
    4. SEX/AGE:
    5. YOUR PASSPORT/DRIVERS LICENSE.
    6. YOUR OCCUPATION.
    7. COUNTRY.

AS SOON AS WE RECEIVE THIS, WE WILL COMMENCE WITH ALL NECESSARY PROCEDURES IN OTHER TO REMIT THIS MONEY INTO YOUR ACCOUNT.THE WORLD BANK AND I.M.F. IN AGREEMENT WITH

THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY,THE SENATE COMMITTEE FOR FOREIGN OVER DUE INHERITANCE FUND HAVE APPROVED AND ACCREDITED THIS REPUTABLE BANK WITH THE OFFICE DIRECTOR,
    INTERNATIONAL REMITTANCE/FOREIGN OPERATIONS,TO HANDLE AND TRANSFER ALL FOREIGN INHERITANCE FUNDS THIS LAST QUARTER PAYMENT OF THE YEAR 2011 IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE

UNITED NATIONS RESOLUTION ON DEBT SETTLEMENT.HOWEVER, WE SHALL PROCEED TO ISSUE ALL PAYMENTS DETAILS TO THE SAID MRS.DONEGAN, IF WE DO NOT HEAR FROM THE NEXT SEVEN

WORKING DAYS FROM TODAY,

WE ARE SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE IN TRANSFERRING OF THIS FUND MUST HAVE CAUSED YOU THOUGH IT WAS DUE TO OUR BUSY SCHEDULE IN PAYING OTHER BENEFICIARIES WHOM THEIR

FILES HAVE BEEN CERTIFIED FOR PAYMENT.

WE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

BEST REGARDS,
    DR.WILLIAMS ADAM.
    DIRECTOR WORLD BANK DELEGATES IN AFRICA.
    CC: UNITED NATIONS
    CC: CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
    CC: ALL FOREIGN PAYMENT OFFICES
    CC: BOARD OF DIRECTORS [FPD]
    CC: WORLD BANK/IMF

2. So you sent the details they wanted? You'll be good for a loan then.

3. I got socks again this year, what did you get?

4. Nice twist.

Someone else is already nearly in receipt... I must ACT NOW!!!

I do like reading about numb skulls taken in by this sort of stuff. They always say 'it seemed so real'.

5. Tell them to let the woman in Arizona have the money and I'll get my Sister to pop round and collect it, she will have room for the money in her "purse" after she's used her Smith & Wesson to identify herself......

6. Seems by the efforts I get sent the infininte number of monkeys with typewriters still have some way to go before they complete those works of Shakespeare...

7. That'll never fucking happen.

8. Here's the thing though, since they continue to push these scams out it can be assumed they get a bite from some of the bait they put out...there must be some pretty thick people out there!

9. I got my first ever 419 letter recently, and was extremely surprised that it actually WAS a letter, rather than an email. Fuck knows where they got my address from, but I suppose online shopping/ebay is a good bet.

On the plus side, my son has got a new Spanish stamp for his collection....

10. Boring,,,,I got a 'Yankee Candle' and a T Shirt that says Afghan Comandoes on it along with a nice ANA flag embossed on the sleeve,,,,

NB not my spelling of commandos.....

11. Think I got one of them awhile back, address was Balboa if I recall correctly.

12. I had a 419 e-mail over christmas that was entirely in fucking french!