• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

41 RM Commando in Korea

I read that 41 Commando were equiped by the US 1st Marine Division in Korea, including weapons.
Did they also use American M1 helmets or did they use British one's ?

Photos of 41 Cdo around the time of the Chosin Reservoir battles show them fully equipped as per the USMC, ie with US helmet as well. Since this was mid-winter, they are rarely pictured with steel helmets, rather they are swathed in whatever protective clothing they could scrounge. Many photos purporting to be 41 Cdo show them with a mix of UK & US kit and weaponry - e.g. Garands and Lee Enfield No4s in the same picture. It is likely that they were re-equipped after Chosin with standard UK stuff, but that they continued to retain the favoured bits of US equipment.

bugger i had an article on this not so long back from mil history magazine and i binned it

From what it remember they were actually taken on strength by the americans to cover a combined ops operation so all of their equipment was US general issue equipment