4000 more to deploy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_bloke, May 2, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Better start cancelling holidays then! :(

2. I am getting sick and tired of finding out things from the internet before the chain of command have the courtesy to brief the people it most affects - us (the serving soldier) :evil:

It was only yesterday morning that Tony Blair 'categorically' ruled out sending more troops. This changed to 'not sending more troops has never been an option' - that was at 2330pm last night.

How do we get rid of these *********? :evil:

Anyone for a revolution? :D

3. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

count me in, comrade! :twisted:

4. I will have to check my diary.....

I can make 15:30 on 4th if that is any good?

5. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The Dear Leader has recently got into the habit of backtracking quickly and often. He has also continued making announcements through the media rather than the proper place i.e. Parliament, presumably so he can't be questioned or held accountable until it's too late.

I suspect that the chain of command were as much in the dark as the rest of us.

Perhaps Bliar meant what he said, until he received other instructions from the depilated simian across the pond.

Will this mean that the latest defence cuts will be put on hold? Probably not; the thief Brown will probaby demand more so that the military end up payiing for the latest deployment as well.

When will CDS find his balls and say no?

6. Apparently the seniors were very much against this deployment and made this clear, but Bliar's advisors were trying to persuade him that more boots on the ground were needed. Even BuffHoon didn't want another deployment :?

This will probably hasten Bliar's demise.

Interesting that, among the capbadges being touted, were the Paras (no bn specified) and RMs....aren't they meant to constitute a rapid reaction force?

7. Of course: 16 AA and 3 Cdo don't take on roulement headquarters roles to keep them free for ops like this.

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I am free most weekends.

9. So, enlighten me, which magician can conjour up 4000 of our ever so slightly overstretched guys and girls?? Merlin?? and from where? Or is it tinkerhoon with fairydust?
    Jeez. Surely someone, somewhere can draw a line and say, ffs we can't be everywhere :!:

10. General Billy Smart always manages to summons tired, overstretched chaps from the circus, he's proficient in juggling

Maybe its a ploy for entering Europe, work the blokes to the bone, destroy moral, make everyone PVR and grow long hair, soon enough we'll be as efficient as a gang of conscript cloggies.

Pro plus must be making a fortune..... However the new era will bring space cakes and speed as a means of staying awake and working 29 hours a day to allow us to keep up with Uncle Tony's work load.

By the way Tony, any chance we can start the war on terror instead of mopping up your utter clusterfcuk of the last twelve months? :evil:

11. MDN I reckon General Billy Smart must be on the payroll at the MOD by the looks of things :evil: Enough is enough isnt it????? There is no light at the end of this tunnel at present, and for the forseeable future it seems. I wish someone in the tabloid area would just see fit to print, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, WE ARE STRETCHING OUR TROOPS WELL OVER THE LIMIT HERE" frontpage, reality... but that would be dreamland headlines.....and due to our very own real threat of terrorism, we need OUR Army HERE. Just an opinion.
    Theres no way Bliar could back down now and say I cant send more troops. Its gone too far for that in political terms.
    OK OK im shutting up for now, it just makes me angry when I see our guys and gals deploying again and again just to get attacked and in some cases killed by the very people they are trying to "help". Back to NAAFI :cry:

12. Well, I've been bored rotten for 6 months since I last came back from Iraq. I'd love to deploy somewhere again.

I can't speak for the other 3999 though! :D

13. Well the overstretch that us Medics are suffering, I've packed my bags and stand by the door ready to run away!

Seems TBliar (praise be upon his name!) doesn't listen to anyone apart from D'ickheed Bush.

Oh well, here comes our Vietnam!

14. Steady on dui!!

At least we still have the support of Joe Public...for the time being, at least! When that starts to dwindle, we're in a spot of bother. :D