40 robbers Vs 1 Gurkha - no contest!

Lucky for the filth it was only three that were despatched. Perhaps this 'Johnny G' was in a peaceful frame of mind. Eight injured? No doubt 'Johnny G' was in a peaceful frame of mind, natra sorry, otherwise, the eight may have become eighteen plus.

Many of Her Majesty's enemies, and the enemies of Her Majesty's predecessors, have found out the hard way, that buggering about with Gurkhas is not a good idea.

Well Done!!!

GOOD SKILLS AND GOOD ATTITUDE!!!!

Pleased to see that the Indian gov't didn't charge him for violating the human rights of the thieves.

Stupid bastards, those robbers - they were outnumbered 1 to 40!

Good Drills is putting it mildly. And I'm also impressed by the Indian government's reaction; tea, medals and promotion!

He is in line to receive three gallantry awards
from the Indian government.
Feckin' hell... good job he hadn't slotted all 40 of 'em he'd have run out of space to hang the gongs.

A refreshing read. Well done that man.

This may be a myth but i remember reading a book once where a Brigade of Gurkha's were going to do a para drop and were asked to jump from 600 feet. After some mumbling they decided they would jump from 300 feet, when told their parachute's wouldn't open in time one of them piped up.........ah no one mentioned parachute's.

A refreshing read. Well done that man.

This may be a myth but i remember reading a book once where a Brigade of Gurkha's were going to do a para drop and were asked to jump from 600 feet. After some mumbling they decided they would jump from 300 feet, when told their parachute's wouldn't open in time one of them piped up.........ah no one mentioned parachute's.
Sounds like a myth, rather like the story the OP put up.

So somewhere out there is 37 robbers including eight wounded on a debrief.

"Well well well who was thinking he wanted a fcuking in the middle of a robbery ?"

"Yes sorry boss but we got fcuked alright"

Sounds like a myth, rather like the story the OP put up.

Of course it's a myth, but the more trusting of us will now ensure that it's enshrined in history.
However, it's a rare chance to see the Gurkha myth factory in action, seen as the story develops.
He may be the most mis-quoted soldier since Mark Anthony, but given the inconsistancies and the complete lack of any third party support to his claims, he would quickly be labelled a walt and a billy-bullshitter if he was a British (ie non-Gurkha) soldier.

Sept 4th 2010
Number of robbers 15
Bishnu Shrestha, the injured Gorkha Regiment jawan, said he was travelling in one of the AC coaches when some of the robbers barged into the compartment
“I attacked the robbers with my khukhuri. As I tried to stop one of them from snatching the earrings of a woman, he hit me on my left arm with his dagger,” said Shrestha, who was going to Gorakhpur.
Shrestha, who is posted in Ranchi, said he had injured three robbers with his weapon.
The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Bengal | 6 arrested for train robbery, injuring 20
Sept 4, 2010
Number of robbers 30
He lost his cool when he saw a miscreant trying to pull out the girl, about 8 years old, from the berth and snatch a necklace from her mother.

"I am a soldier and get paid to protect citizens of this country. I could not sit back and watch as passengers were looted. I pulled out my khukri and attacked the criminals. Initially, they were taken by surprise and I succeeded in connecting with at least three of them. The blows were severe and they must have got themselves admitted to some hospital. By then, the criminals started fighting back. They fired a shot that missed me. At one point of time, the khukri fell from my hand and I was overpowered. They picked it up and used it on me," the jawan said.
After Shresta slumped to the ground, profusely bleeding from his wound, all fight went out from the other passengers. None of them dared to make eye contact with the criminals and did their bidding.

They did shoot- The Times of India
January 13th
Number of robbers 40
“They had carried out their robbery with swords, blades and pistols. The pistols may have been fake as they didn´t open fire,” he surmised
They didn't shoot-My Republica
January 21st
Number of Robbers 40
"They tried to tear her clothes off forcefully, right in front of her family members....
I pulled out a khukuri from my bag and took one of the robbers hostage. I told them that I was a soldier and had a pistol too. It was a very tense moment as the robbers were still harassing the girl. That’s when all hell broke loose. I charged with my khukuri and cut them down. Three died right in front of me, some others got seriously injured, and the rest ran away.....
There was a lot of confusion. Amidst this, two robbers came back pretending to be passengers and attacked me with a sword and injured my wrist. But I managed to ward them off once again."
"Well, I plan to continue serving with the Indian Army to the end of my term, though I had considered requesting for voluntary retirement before the incident".
My Republica
There's no evidence that any of the three awards from the Indian government supposed to be in the pipeline were actually awarded or about to be awarded. Or any indication that the Sourya Chakra was awarded on Republic Day, as stated that it was to be, either from the Indian Ambassador in Nepal or, depending on which account you read, by him going to India to receive it.

This is supposedly he.
As is this, taken from one of the la Republica articles;

Conveniently un-captioned, the reader is supposed to assume "Ah this is him receiving
a bravery award".
Doubt that it is though, although it is 8th Gorkhas and quite likely of him, it looks straight out of the family photo album and very likely at least a year old.

The robber count is now up to 51, it seems incredible that no one would question how that figure was arrived at. But that's a culture thing, people there will be desperate to believe it. No one's going to wonder why the promised investiture didn't take place last Wednesday or where the dead bodies are- it's not part of the ethos.

Thank goodness Joanna is estranged from her campaign- otherwise we might have had a tearful Lumley explaining how he saved the life of her sister who happened to be on the train.