40% of UK Muslims want Sharia Law

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KatK9, Feb 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Australian option!!

"CANBERRA: Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks. A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you," he said on national television. "I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia, one the Australian law and another, the Islamic law, that this is false. If you can'tagree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law, and have the opportunity to go to another country which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option," Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off". "Basically, people who don't want to be Australians, and they don't want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then they can basically clear off," he said. Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spies monitoring the nation's mosques."

Apologies no source.

I'm a bit of a lefty hippy at heart, on most subjects but this seems a "Fair enough comment"

TheGimp

2. The only problem with this of course is that the feckers will all turn up here - and get their way.

3. Yet another protest parade yesterday in London , may I suggest that the parade goes straight to Heathrow and they then board aircraft for a Muslim country if they disagree so much with Western life .
    Sorry of course they enjoy the benefits system and the free speach too much don't they , as long as it only applies to them and not the rest of the population

4. looks like reuters, mate. and good on the aussies.

5. You forgot one thing... first Tony has to say sorry.... he like that one.... then he'll roll over................. again

6. We have to abide by muslim laws whilst in Arabic countries. They do not seem to have to do the same in christian countries.

It's not PC for our christian based values...... I make no apologies for what I'll say next:

Start a modern day crusade and rid ourselves, once and for all, of this Islamic cancer growing in our midst!

7. Without getting too overly religious, don't get confused. The laws in this country are not Christian laws or values. They are laws that any decent person should follow. I am not a Christian but fully support our laws.

Other than that of course, you are right.

8. I made reference to the Australian solution on the Extremist protests backfiring? thread which has been made into a combined thread.

I agree - it is perfectly "fair enough". My opinion has always been that people should only migrate to a country where its existing laws, culture and moral code are something that appeal rather than something that one wishes to change. Any immigrant who wishes to live under a different legal or moral code should find somewhere else to live, however, that is not a solution for home-grown citizens. All that can be done is to ensure that the law is applied vigorously and equally to all of those who try by force or intimidation to change our way of life to something alien to the majority.

9. The muslim leaders are milking the poor leadership we have in this country to get their own way, although I cannot see them getting their own way for their own laws.
    That said, it may be only a matter of time. We need to have strong leadership to put these muppets back in their boxes. Its no good saying "If you don't like it, leave". We need to get rid of these people hell bent in upsetting the british way of life and our values which are based on good common sense, regardless if they were born here or hold a british passport. If that cannot happen then we really need to enforce the law and make it happen.
    The only threat to our nation apart from bird flu and Nu labour are these people, the law really needs to nip this problem in the bud before it really does get out of hand.

10. DB; I agree with the sentiments of your comments but sadly the embolden text will not happen. As we all know the new laws introduced are designed to combat the rise of anti-Muslim feeling in this country and not treat all instances of religious incitement as illegal. In truth, if I were to walk down the street wearing a T-Shirt with the cross of the Knights Templar emblazened across it I can be arrested for incitment. If a counterpart of Muslim extraction were to wear a T-Shirt with Christ depicted obscenely in some manner nothing would happen.

JJ

11. Ducati.

Too late I'm afraid

12. jj, I know, but there's still a very small part of me that is desperately clinging to the belief that although trapped within a politically correct body of legislation, the heart of our famously liberal-democratic country still beats and that at the next election enough people will decide to bring the mother of all parliaments out of her retirement home and restore sense, self-belief and pride to a great nation. We don't have a history of pandering to extremists of any kind and have taken a tough line with anti-democratic forces in the past - I only hope that the next government gets in before this one does irreparable harm.

13. This story is all over the fcuking place except the BBC.

This leaves me with a very un-easy feeling about how we are being manipulated by the Marxist tw@ts sitting at broadcasting house. Do they want to see the end of our nation and everything that our ancestors fought and died for.

One pissed off bunny grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

14. Deport them. There are some decent Muslims out there who work damned hard for our country and who fully consider themselves as British as we are (and truth be said, are more important than the chav population which is sadly expanding). It is not that hard to pick out the good from the bad. About time we did it! I'm yet to meet a 'moderate' Muslim who approves of the 'Sharia' law.