40 FD Regt, OP Granby photo

Discussion in 'Iraq/Kuwait (Op GRANBY)' started by black_hand, Jun 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i was a young vm serving with 40 during the first gulf
    after the war had finished, we had a regimental photo taken
    does any one know where i would be able to get a copy from ?
    or even if the PRI sells copys

thanks in advance

i served 7 yrs in total with 40
    in 129 Bty, 38 Bty, 6/36 Bty and not forgetting 49 Bty
  2. Are you talking about the big XL photograph?
  3. I was also a VM attached to 129 bty. Didn't get there 'til Early '94 tho. DO have the pre Kenya picture taken at Stone henge & the last Reggy picture before they handed over to 3RHA...
    I'd get in touch with their PRI, should be able to sort you out
  4. Dad was out on Granby with 40 Regt - not sure if he was 137 Bty or HQ Bty at the time. I'll see if Mum has one stashed away somewhere, but she moved house recently and cleared a lot of stuff out, so...
  5. I have the stongehenge photo - get in touch and i'll try get a copy for you.
  6. 129 battery have an excellent site go on the guestbook and leave a message someone always get back.

7. I was attached to 40 Field Regiment during the Gulf War, from 32 Heavy Regiment, and I am in contact with some of 129 (Dragon) Battery. I have a copy of the aerial XL photograph I can send to you.
  8. Hi,

I have just come across this thread and I have been after a copy of the XL pic for years as I was attached to 40 Regt in the Gulf from 5 Regt RA.
    Could you send me a copy, my email is iflyfirebird2@btinternet.com

9. Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  10. I have sent as requested mate, let me know if you received it.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  11. I was was attached to 40th Field Regiment-Seringapatam Bty on Op Granby from 1st RHA and wouldn't mind a copy of the XL photo we had in the desert also :) I would really appreciate it

12. Not been on here for a while.. No I didn't receive that.. Please could you resend?

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

May I suggest that you take down your e mail address.
  14. Take it down? Why, will I get a parcel bomb sent? Lol
  15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Your persec should always be of concern esp if still serving which is why we have the PM/conversation system.