4 Yorks trouble @ tmill???

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Nov 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone shed any light on the internal politics of 4 Yorks. Things I've witnessed today indicated part of the regiment is trying to de-amalgamate or get its name killed off.

Or in other words, the Leeds Rifles associations temporarily barred ex-Yorks Vols from their function today.

Swansong of a once mighty 6 Bn Volunteer Regt?
  2. The Leeds Rifles have always been a proud lot (and deservedly so). They have always supported the Yorkshire Volunteers and successor units so what are you talking about.
  3. Don't know about them being a deservedly proud lot. It was them that stole my LandRover and Conbat. (Honest mistake, Guv, they're all the same colour - but surely they must have thought it a bit odd having three in their convoy when they only owned two). Caused a right fuss arranging to get it back from Leeds to Sheffield.

Still, serves the Hallamshires right for not having enough drivers of their own. Sniff.
  4. Seemed to be a problem today, not sure exactly why. I walked in on the do with no introductions and nobody challenged me (in RSigs C95), doubt I was recognised as an ex-Leeds Rifleman