LE
Kit Reviewer

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer

The Nuffield Lightweight Jeep, a cut-down version of the original by the loons at Morris for airborne use.

daz

LE

The Nuffield Lightweight Jeep, a cut-down version of the original by the loons at Morris for airborne use.
Softy's, they've got real seats in that version :)

daz

LE
I'm sure that @Halftrack will think this is in the wrong thread :)

“1945- U.S. troops sit in the “jeep wrecker” they created and with which they tow in jeeps that have run into trouble on the Western Front.”
1945- U.S. troops sit in the “jeep wrecker” they created and with which they tow in jeeps that...jpg

daz

LE
Experimental rocket firing jeep, US Navy Naval Air Facility, Inyokern, CA, 26 January 1945"
Experimental rocket firing jeep, US Navy Naval Air Facility, Inyokern, CA, 26 January 1945.jpg

T-28 Litter Carrier tracked prototype from December 22, 1944
T-28 Litter Carrier tracked protoytpe from December 22, 1944.jpg

Civvy jeep
Scheneker Ironworks hydraulic lift.jpg

Ikea Jeep

ikea jeep.jpg

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm sure that @Halftrack will think this is in the wrong thread :)

“1945- U.S. troops sit in the “jeep wrecker” they created and with which they tow in jeeps that have run into trouble on the Western Front.”View attachment 374852
Hey, I like it! Is the cylinder/tank on the back to inflate tyres?

offog

LE
A question that has interested me but I have not been able to find what I think is the right answer.

My uncle was in 1/7 Queen's part ot 131 Queen's Bgde of 7th Armoured div.

They traveled around in TCVs (troop carrying vehicle). There are lots of referenced to TCVs but no pictures, ie this is a TCV. Was it just a truck with seats or a purpose built truck for motor inf?

Also many centuries ago when I was a young soldier I joined my Bn in Bulford which was air portable. The mortars had 1/4 ton LR with the mortars strapped to the bonnet but I have not seen any pictures of LR like this since. Was it a local mod or just not common.

ugly

LE
A question that has interested me but I have not been able to find what I think is the right answer.

My uncle was in 1/7 Queen's part ot 131 Queen's Bgde of 7th Armoured div.

They traveled around in TCVs (troop carrying vehicle). There are lots of referenced to TCVs but no pictures, ie this is a TCV. Was it just a truck with seats or a purpose built truck for motor inf?

Also many centuries ago when I was a young soldier I joined my Bn in Bulford which was air portable. The mortars had 1/4 ton LR with the mortars strapped to the bonnet but I have not seen any pictures of LR like this since. Was it a local mod or just not common.
TCV was the tla for a GS truck,1/4 ton? 1/2 or 3/4 maybe or even 1ton but no 1/4 ton.

Latest Threads