4 RTR - Lost Property or Who Nicked It.

Discussion in 'RAC' started by elovabloke, Dec 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Just noticed the following on the RTR web site:

Perhaps someone has info they could pass to RHQ.
  2. Any property should be with the First.

Should give the property member something to do during the cold dark evenings!
  3. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I think they have already gone down that route
  4. Then someone from the old 1st has probably swiped it...................was it made of alloy by any chance?!! :twisted: :D
  5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Funny, that was my first thought. :x

6. Did it happen to go missing sometime around the 25th October by chance?
  7. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I do not know as I just saw it on the RTR website. I would presume the Regt Sec will have details if you can help.
  8. My mistake, 4 RTR moved to BAOR late ’84 didn’t they. I’ve made the schoolboy error of confusing them with the Scots DG who were next door at the time of the famous Assaye Barracks Balaklava riots of 1987. I was young, foolish and constantly drunk in those days and it was over 20 years ago after all. :oops: (Very) different Regiments same language. :wink:

Apologies :D
  9. I thought 13/18 H were in Tidworth Barracks at that time, with RH and 17/21 L. Werent the zeds heads at Assaye barracks then?
  10. They were :wink: but the original question was for an event that took place '82-'84. :D
  11. I asked some questions which proved irritating to certain members of the association nearly 4 years ago. The answer in the end seems to be a lot did not make it to 1RTR or anywhere else official.
  12. People in glass houses: The WO's & Sgts Mess painting that went missing on 2/3 RTR amalgamation?
  13. The statue of limitations has passed now though - this thread is that old.
    • Funny Funny x 1