4 RTR - Lost Property or Who Nicked It.

elovabloke

ADC
Moderator
#1
Just noticed the following on the RTR web site:

ERITREAN NECK-REST

In 1984 an ex wartime member maybe of the 4th Royal Tank Regiment presented the Fourth with an Eritrean Neck-rest that he had obtained during the war; he subsequently inscribed the names of his troop on the base of the wooden artefact.

Sadly, the Neck-rest is now missing, despite it being displayed in its own glass cabinet in the Fourth’s barracks at Tidworth in the mid 80s. If any ex member of the Fourth can throw any light on the whereabouts of the Neck-rest RHQ RTR would like to know as the family of the original donor are anxious to know where it is currently located.
Perhaps someone has info they could pass to RHQ.
 

elovabloke

ADC
Moderator
#4
WiltshireCossack said:
Any property should be with the First.

Should give the property member something to do during the cold dark evenings!
I think they have already gone down that route
 
#5
elovabloke said:
WiltshireCossack said:
Any property should be with the First.

Should give the property member something to do during the cold dark evenings!
I think they have already gone down that route
Then someone from the old 1st has probably swiped it...................was it made of alloy by any chance?!! :twisted: :D
 

elovabloke

ADC
Moderator
#6
soprano54 said:
Then someone from the old 1st has probably swiped it...................was it made of alloy by any chance?!! :twisted: :D
Funny, that was my first thought. :x
 
#7
elovabloke said:
Just noticed the following on the RTR web site:

ERITREAN NECK-REST

In 1984 an ex wartime member maybe of the 4th Royal Tank Regiment presented the Fourth with an Eritrean Neck-rest that he had obtained during the war; he subsequently inscribed the names of his troop on the base of the wooden artefact.

Sadly, the Neck-rest is now missing, despite it being displayed in its own glass cabinet in the Fourth’s barracks at Tidworth in the mid 80s. If any ex member of the Fourth can throw any light on the whereabouts of the Neck-rest RHQ RTR would like to know as the family of the original donor are anxious to know where it is currently located.
Perhaps someone has info they could pass to RHQ.

Did it happen to go missing sometime around the 25th October by chance?
 

elovabloke

ADC
Moderator
#8
TheBigUn said:
Did it happen to go missing sometime around the 25th October by chance?
I do not know as I just saw it on the RTR website. I would presume the Regt Sec will have details if you can help.
 
#9
elovabloke said:
TheBigUn said:
Did it happen to go missing sometime around the 25th October by chance?
I do not know as I just saw it on the RTR website. I would presume the Regt Sec will have details if you can help.
My mistake, 4 RTR moved to BAOR late ’84 didn’t they. I’ve made the schoolboy error of confusing them with the Scots DG who were next door at the time of the famous Assaye Barracks Balaklava riots of 1987. I was young, foolish and constantly drunk in those days and it was over 20 years ago after all. :oops: (Very) different Regiments same language. :wink:

Apologies :D
 
#10
TheBigUn said:
elovabloke said:
TheBigUn said:
Did it happen to go missing sometime around the 25th October by chance?
I do not know as I just saw it on the RTR website. I would presume the Regt Sec will have details if you can help.
My mistake, 4 RTR moved to BAOR late ’84 didn’t they. I’ve made the schoolboy error of confusing them with the Scots DG who were next door at the time of the famous Assaye Barracks Balaklava riots of 1987. I was young, foolish and constantly drunk in those days and it was over 20 years ago after all. :oops: (Very) different Regiments same language. :wink:

Apologies :D
I thought 13/18 H were in Tidworth Barracks at that time, with RH and 17/21 L. Werent the zeds heads at Assaye barracks then?
 
#11
BIPOLAR77 said:
TheBigUn said:
elovabloke said:
TheBigUn said:
Did it happen to go missing sometime around the 25th October by chance?
I do not know as I just saw it on the RTR website. I would presume the Regt Sec will have details if you can help.
My mistake, 4 RTR moved to BAOR late ’84 didn’t they. I’ve made the schoolboy error of confusing them with the Scots DG who were next door at the time of the famous Assaye Barracks Balaklava riots of 1987. I was young, foolish and constantly drunk in those days and it was over 20 years ago after all. :oops: (Very) different Regiments same language. :wink:

Apologies :D
I thought 13/18 H were in Tidworth Barracks at that time, with RH and 17/21 L. Werent the zeds heads at Assaye barracks then?
They were :wink: but the original question was for an event that took place '82-'84. :D
 
#12
WiltshireCossack said:
Any property should be with the First.
I asked some questions which proved irritating to certain members of the association nearly 4 years ago. The answer in the end seems to be a lot did not make it to 1RTR or anywhere else official.
 
#13
People in glass houses: The WO's & Sgts Mess painting that went missing on 2/3 RTR amalgamation?
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr Army Reserve 32
Letterwritingman The Intelligence Cell 1
T RAC 16

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top