• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

4 PARA

i am curious as to what training 4 PARA does- is it the regular p-company or is it a shortend version??
also- what similarities does 4 PARA and the HAC have- which would get you out more and would provide the best military experience???
many thanks

It's a shortened version of P-coy, shoehorned into the normal TA Combat Infantryman's Course with no extra days given (what gets dropped then?), it doesn't include the Endurance March ("Steel Bayonet"?), and you get more time for the tests (2 hrs for the 10 miler vs 1 hr 50 for example).

williammcmanners said:
i am curious as to what training 4 PARA does- is it the regular p-company or is it a shortend version??
many thanks
Why have you got a Parachute Regiment capbadge in your avatar? Surely you're not Para Regt if you're asking questions related to it's training. Have you also got a Para Regt capbadge tattood on your right shoulder? :?

Fallschirmjager said:
williammcmanners said:
many thanks
Why have you got a Parachute Regiment capbadge in your avatar? Surely you're not Para Regt if you're asking questions related to it's training. Have you also got a Para Regt capbadge tattood on your right shoulder? ?
bad man!! :evil:

Yes it is shortnened, but don't be under the illusion that it's easy cos it's not -it f'ing hurts! But full resepect to the regs. Our training Calandar this year is chocker mate, Egypt, Albania, France, Belgium + the rest.. :lol:

haha- so football fans can't get a replica t-shirt and wear it to matches???
thanks for the info tho- a good help.
what sort of times do the training and drill night take place??? can it be spun around a school/uni timetable???

williammcmanners said:
haha- so football fans can't get a replica t-shirt and wear it to matches???
Football fans haven't gone through a very tough selection process to earn the honour of wearing a Para Regt T shirt. A bit like you! ARRSE members will look at your avatar and believe you are a Paratrooper which you obviously are not. Walter mitty! :wink:

I'm in 3 PARA mate so i can't really help you on anything to do with the TA. You'll get to accompany us on most op's though as we're well under strength!

Good luck whatever you decide.

The_Duke

LE
Sapukay said:
It's a shortened version of P-coy, shoehorned into the normal TA Combat Infantryman's Course with no extra days given (what gets dropped then?), it doesn't include the Endurance March ("Steel Bayonet"?), and you get more time for the tests (2 hrs for the 10 miler vs 1 hr 50 for example).
Sap,

Pretty accurate - 10 mins extra for the 10 miler and 1 minute extra for the 2 miler. My understanding though is that the P Coy staff bring the group in on the regular pace, but there is an allowance of 10 mins for those who are not with the group. I am sure that Sandy the Gov will correct me if I am wrong on this one.

Also correct no endurance march. The changes are to reflect the reduced training time available for the recruit (8 weekends v 20 odd weeks of regular recruit training).

As for what gets dropped, the onus is on the TA unit to provide a high level of training to the recruits before they go to CIC so that the P Coy staff just confirm training and test, rather than train from scratch then test.

Duke

easily fitted in with Uni/School. We've got blokes doing graduate courses and all sorts!

The Duke - that's certainly what it felt like ;), but seriously i think it's correct, you do normal times bUT there is an allowance for those not in the main pack.

As someone who joined 4 Para while at school (top tip weekend 6 in the field, then Higher Maths exam on the Monday morning a good combination they do not make :p ) and still in while at uni, it can be done as you will have plenty of time to train, more so than someone who works full time. Not sure about the other companys but we have a very high percentage of students that join and make it.

Scots

Latest Threads