4 Para

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Kyb5517, May 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tip: Be fit

You're welcome!
  2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Listen to what you are told to do, and then do it.

Be fit, and don't jack.
  3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

You will soon meet a man who will insist on wearing either a white vest or a strange blue tracksuit top. He will have all sorts of strange catchphrases including "touch all four corners of the gym......goooooo!", "prepare to double", "pick up the log" and the old favourite- "stand by, go".

He will decide where you will do your phys. It will include the centre, the roads around it, parks and also on army training areas.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I done the Para insight course last year and i think i heard all of them apart from touch all 4 corners haha, the circuits were horrendous. I take it your 4 para then? Its good to have some constructive advise here on ARRSE, some people get completely slaughtered for asking bone questions lol so cheers for that :)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  5. 110% 110% of the time.
    See you in June.
  6. Yep. As has already been said, be fit. The fitter you are the easier you'll find it.

That said, even the fittest fail at times due to lack of guts and determination.
  7. "3 times round my bronzened torso................ GO!"
  8. Seems like the more i read about this, it becomes clearer that the mental attitude is equally if not more important. Aha i guess thats another PTI joke? I saw one a minute ago about drowning them by attaching mirrors to the bottoms of swimming pools lol

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  9. It is fair to say that Gym Queens do have an Oedipus complex.
  10. que? they want to kill their dads and shag their mums???????????
  11. Whoever said 'Words cannot hurt me' has never had a guy in a white vest say "Pick up the log" to them.

All the Phys is in the local area, pitches, gym on Camp and local run routes apart from Weekends - that's as much as I know as I'm very new to the Bn, for everything else listen to the nice folk on here with a winged capbadge.
  12. Of course, an attachment to 3 Para Mortar might well begin... 3 times up your...