4 Para

hey up lads. i have a few questions which are not covered on the bn website if anybody coud help ?

1. is it a national or regional unit
2. is being a member likely to attract more shit for me if i join the regs
3. whats the best pt to do before attempting p coy ?

cheers
Alex

The_Duke

LE
hey up lads. i have a few questions which are not covered on the bn website if anybody coud help ?

1. is it a national or regional unit

It is a nationwide regional unit, not national. Same profile in terms of training days, camp etc as other TA Inf units, just with locations from Scotland to London.

2. is being a member likely to attract more shit for me if i join the regs

It depends - go in big timing it, and yes, you will get some shit. Use it as a sound training base and some top quality physical training before you go, and you should not get much aggro.

3. whats the best pt to do before attempting p coy ?

The PT that the training team will put you through during your 9 recruit weekends. To give yourself the best chance you need to be comfortably under 9.30 for the 2.4km run and knocking out 60 press ups and sit ups in 2 minutes each when you start the recruit cadre. Don't train with weight before you start - concentrate on improving your all round cardiovascular fitness without injuring yourself. The PTIs will guide you after that.
cheers
Alex
There are lots of threads about 4 Para, and stuff in arrsepaedia. Have a look through them, and them feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

Duke