4 Para Weekend 1 Training 14th Jan anyone know whats involved?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by martin90, Dec 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, due to start training in 4 Para on the 14th Jan just wondering if anyone else is doing it as well and if anybody knew what happens on the first weekend of TA training? Cheers all
  2. Not sure mate but I'm due to start then. Which unit you going to be at?
  3. St Helen's mate what about you? also have you been attested yet as they have not contacted me to tell me when I should go up to leeds. I presume they will do it all together the friday night when we pick up our kit? thats my guess anyway
  4. That makes 3 of us for 4 para then...on the 14th. I'm st helens but thats all i know...
  5. weekend one is basic weapons handling, how to put your webbing together, how to pack your bergen etc, PFT. Overnight ex how to build a basha basic field hygene, how to cook your rations. Nothing taxing we had a light TAB on the sunday morning, anything else PM me
  6. Hey now up to 4 for 4 Para, Im due to start on the 14th too, anyone else going to the Glasgow cadre?
  7. Same when I did it,
    Just an admit and get to grips with the basics weekend. Don't be put off with the dull first few weekends, they will get more interesting and fun as you progress.
  8. Admin*
    Typing like a leper today, dam hangover...
  9. Weekend 5 is interesting intro to log and stretcher you`ll enjoy lol.