4 para training schedule...

Hi all, new user here.

I've started an application for 4 para. I now have a training schedule and I'm asking for those with experience If it's good enough to eventually pass the pre-parachute selection course.
I have to make the most of what I have right now while we are In lock down, overtime I'd be increasing the distance and load while on my runs. I'll be increasing to load by 20-30KG using a weighted vest.

(Strength training days, with a 25KG weighted barbell)

30X4 - Press ups (close grip, wide grip and incline)
10X4 - Pull ups (shoulder width and wide grip)
10X4 - Dips
10X4 - Shoulder press
15X4 - Shrugs
10X40 Curls
MAX - Sit ups

(Straight after every run I go into max pull ups, press ups and sit ups In 2 mins then leave it there)
Press ups - 60
Pull ups - 8
Sit ups - 84

MONDAY: 10K run best effort. (currently 43 minutes)
TUESDAY: Strength training
Wednesday: 5K run best effort (currently 19 minutes)
Thursday: Strength training
Friday: 10K run best effort
Saturday: 5K run best effort
Sunday: Strength training

Thank you

poo_finger

Old-Salt
I’m a medic at 4 PARA at the moment.
Turn up fit, they’ll guide you through the rest! They invest a lot of time and effort into getting the joes ready for P Coy.
If you stick it out, put in the time and effort you’ll get to where you want to be.
It’s a fantastic unit to be a part of and if you have the time to spare, the opportunities on offer are endless!

@42john

Do NOT run with weight.

Too much risk of crocking yourself. If you want to do some miles carrying weight, get a decent daysack / bergan and put some of the weights from your vest in that.

Robme

LE
Steady Poppet, this isn’t the place for crayoning. The OP asked a question and I offered some sound and researched advice.
Can I suggest you eat your crayons whilst I ask the mod for this part of Arrse if your comments are appropriate?

D

Deleted 164106

Steady Poppet, this isn’t the place for crayoning. The OP asked a question and I offered some sound and researched advice.
Can I suggest you eat your crayons whilst I ask the mod for this part of Arrse if your comments are appropriate?
Go for it.

Running with weight is a bad idea - it's how you knacker knees, ankles and backs - especially if you are doing it unsupervised as the OP would likely be. IF that's not what you meant you should have been clearer in your badly-written post.

"22 Sqn" isn't a thing. You probably meant 22 SAS - if you cannot get the name of the regiment correct, you definitely shouldn't be advising others to apply for it.

The_Duke

LE
I have considered your report and acted accordingly.
Your next offence will get you banned for 30 days.

As a reminder to all - posts in here must be accurate, up to date and help to answer the question. If someone can’t follow those simple rules their posts will be removed and points awarded. Please don’t engage with morons - it just gives more for me to delete.

The_Duke

LE
The key to 4 PARA is to turn up fit and uninjured. Massive body mass (fat or muscle) will be a hindrance, because it all needs moving.

Keep up your body weight and core strength work and concentrate on running without weight. Mix up sprint work with longer distance steady state runs, and find somewhere to run off road with hills if you can.

The 4 PARA recruit training programme is progressive, well run and will get you to where you need to be over the duration. You do not need to be p Coy fit on day 1.

Last edited:
I have considered your report and acted accordingly.
Your next offence will get you banned for 30 days.

As a reminder to all - posts in here must be accurate, up to date and help to answer the question. If someone can’t follow those simple rules their posts will be removed and points awarded. Please don’t engage with morons - it just gives more for me to delete.
That is a good idea, warning people and give the length of ban. Thank you.

To the op @42john if he can say his area roughly and its close to me, I can sort him some stuff out