4 Para St Helens

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by mon_colonel, Dec 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If theres any member of 4 Para (St Helens) online could you give me details of attendance days / times etc for new applicants.
    I did get all the info and name/ mobile number of the CSM from the recruiting office in Liverpool and was set to go but got unexpectedly called away to an oil rig in Nigeria, Im due back and would like to get down a.s.a.p. and get started as I'm nearing the age limit and have'nt got any more time left.
    I have tried e-mailing with no joy and can't call as we have a restrictor on our landlines.
    Thanks in advance.

2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Tuesday nights, usually between 2000 and 2200 hrs. Next Tuesday is the first training night back after Christmas leave.

Hopefully you will be UK based for a period of around 6 months, or you will struggle to attend all of the training weekends and Tuesday night training sessions, and that is a surefire route to failure.

3. Many thanx for that Duke, I'm currently working 3 on / off on rigs which from 2009 will be Aberdeen based so hopefully it will not interrupt training too much ( should I pass all the requirements of course), I did get told I was on the cusp age limit wise being 42 next Feb so I'd like to crack on without any further ado.
    Thanks again for the info much appreciated.

4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

It is not about it interrupting training too much - it is about interrupting training at all. The training programme is packed, and does not have time in it for retraining lessons for those who miss out. Similarly for the fitness elements - they are progressive, and build towards the standard required. Miss too many, and you will disadvantage yourself.

I do not have exact data to support this but from experience, people missing one out of the 9 weekends (now up to 11) may still pass. Miss 2, and you are very unlikely to pass. If you only have one chance at it due to age, make sure that you give yourself the best chance possible.

5. Thanks Duke I did ask at the initial interview if I was being unrealistic what with my job requirements and age, but I'm really hoping I can balance the two, even if it means transferring to another rig which works a 2 on / off system. But all I can do is give it my best shot and see how it plays out, many thanks for the info / advice

6. Phone the recruiting Sargeant first thing monday, you need to get on the selection weekend starting next friday, otherwise you'll miss the intake for this para recruit cadre. Numbers are all on 4para website.