4 para selection

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by tomboy, Dec 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. any one going for selection weekend jan 7 for 4 para. just after any advice on training or if youve done it whats it like.
  2. Watch this ........
  3. X59

X59 LE

At a guess....... fuckin hard !
  4. Peace of piss i did harder stuff in the cubs
  5. thanks brilliant vid
  6. Did it in york about a month ago, was as explained on here in other threads, 1.5mile is to be completed in 9mins 30secs, maximum effort pull ups, medical and lots of sitting about. Well looked after by 4 Para staff, so would have no worries if I were you. Just try your best. Just out of interest which unit would you be joining?
  7. leeds/pudsey. did you pass mate. how did you do with the pushups etc. thanks for the feed back.
  8. Yes, passed, didnt do press ups. you wanting to start jan cadre?
  9. By harder you mean getting bummed and sucking off dirty old men?
  10. I'm starting Jan 14th aswell anyone know whats involved weekend 1?
  11. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

The start of your basic military training. Expect foot drill, intro to the rifle, badges of rank type stuff. Also expect 2 or three sessions of basic phys, one of which is likely to be an intro to tabbing - 3 miles or so at a steady pace. You will be briefed when you get there, and there is no need to prepare for anything (except the phys) so don't worry.

Top tips:

Make sure your boots are broken in and comfortable.
    Always have a notebook and pencil with you.
    Be 5 minutes early for every timing you are given.
    Work hard at everything.

Biggest tip:

There will always be the course loser - late, scruffy, falling asleep in lessons, jacking on the phys. Don't be him, and once you have identified who he is, stay as far away from him as you can.
  12. Thanks for the help
  13. Wouldn't a bit of coursemanship be better?

If there is someone who is struggling with something that you find easy then give them a hand if they'll accept it.
  14. hopefully start jan 14 aswell
  15. How did you guess I'm turning up?