4 Para Reserve - When did they leave the TA?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Nov 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After spending a 'fascinating' hour in a traffic jam outside their RC (Reserve Centre) this morning, I noticed they've rebanded themselves as Reserves. I can understand some reasons for rebanding but it looked more of 'real' army unit and not a part time unit.

Also they are advertising an a dodgy web address http://www.4para.com which is against army policy.
  2. That link looks suspisiosly like the army web site to me!
  3. Argh, yes it does!!!!
  4. It links straight into the MOD web site, a number of units use this ploy as the URL is easier to remember. You have to hand it to them, they really know how to make their image work.
  5. They can’t spell ‘calibre’ on their homepage though!

They get way more hits than any other TA website (according to the ACMS webstats)
  6. First class website, very professional, esp. the film...
  7. The TAC (in Pudsey) is also in a very good location on a major road between Leeds and Bradford, it probably generates more PR/advertising than any other TAC in Yorkshire but that has been lost to the reserves.
  8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

4 Para has not left the TA, it just concentrates on its role as the reserve for the regular Parachute Regt Bns, and has issued a UDI to declare this! Polar, what do you mean that Pudsey has been lost to the reserves?
  9. I went to that place in Pudsey in the 80's for something or other, I bet it's like the platoon house in Sangin now!
  10. A Proffesional place for proffessional people!
  11. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

With spelling like that you have to be Para Regt! :D
  12. Just the image/branding. I know a number of people (@work) who have become interested in other local TA units because of HQ Coy 4 Para. I find the general understanding of the TA to be a lot higher in areas around Pudsey than other parts of the city
  13. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Fair point. The closer association has been good for 4 Para though, as people genuinely feel they are joining the part time element of the Regt rather than "just the TA". Time for the other local TA units to improve their profile?
  14. Good luck to 'em - they are only giving it as it is. They even added a mortar platoon after it was taken away in Options so that they could attach mortar trained personnel to the reg battalions. Its a bit like the RMR who don't have different formations but are treated as a whole to supply IRs to 3CDO Bde.
  15. we have (almost) the full wack now...guns plt (edinburgh), mortars(london), recce( leeds/pudsy area), assualt pioneers(scouseville) and javelin(leeds-i think)

.... we're like a professional unit now......WAH