4 PARA Recruitment

4PARAREG

Clanker
Give D Coy SUSO a call on 01788 544177. Medical advice is not given out on as it would need to be reviewed by a suitably qualified professional.

Your run time is acceptable, but the general advice is to get comfortably below 9:30 to pass the course first time.

4 PARA

Topper_Logan

Swinger
47 years old ex REME WO1 Para interested in vacancies with C Coy in St Helens any thing going?

4PARAREG

Clanker
Please call 01904 664566 to discuss. There may be vacancies in HQ Coy/SP roles etc.

Topper_Logan

Swinger
Nice one thanks still keeping fit did Tough Mudder last year but section battle drills, leave to the young uns. Happy to hump mortars or SF gun kit so I’ll give them a bell.

The only thing you should be humping at 47 is the missus.

Join as a Tom and you'll still be doing section battle drills.... I'm 52, and still doing them. :)

I could just imagine me doing them now: 'Hang on... I'm coming... ow me fooking knees... just let me find me glasses. Ow... me fooking back etc.'

Huntr

Crow
What books should I be reading up on about the PARAs. Wanna make sure I all up to date.
Traditions, history, ETC

Just_plain_you

Old-Salt
What books should I be reading up on about the PARAs. Wanna make sure I all up to date.
Traditions, history, ETC
Just Watch 'A Bridge Too Far' and the series currently on ITV.

samwell

Swinger
The age limit is 40 correct?

I’m 34, MD’d a few years ago (infantry not paras) I’m wondering for any anecdotal evidence that mid-30s-40 can complete the course? Seems like a tall order but I’m looking to join back up

The_Duke

LE
Yes they do. However, you will need to start, and remain, injury free. Recovery time is everything, not just for P Coy but to allow you to train at the required intensity before, during and after it.

Only you ( and your medical notes!) know whether that is realistic for you.

Drobs

Crow
Has anybody got a number other than 01904 664566. I have an application going through at the moment and can’t get hold of anyone on this number.

Has anybody got a number other than 01904 664566. I have an application going through at the moment and can’t get hold of anyone on this number.
What stage is your application at? That's a York number - is it the number of the depot at Catterick? If you're still at an early stage, there's only so much 4 PARA can do for you directly because things are being handled by Capita.

Drobs

Crow
What stage is your application at? That's a York number - is it the number of the depot at Catterick? If you're still at an early stage, there's only so much 4 PARA can do for you directly because things are being handled by Capita.
It’s still early, as in the online medical passed. I’ve been sent my medical forms for my gp, but they also gave me this number to ring
It’s still early. Medical papers for my GP, but they gave me the above number and instructed me to phone. I presumed it would be to arrange an interview of sorts or some sort of insight.

I've been considering going for 4 Para lately myself.

I went in to regular training when I was 17 and like a twat left due to various reasons and regretted it ever since.

I'm 30 now and worried about being able to handle the training now although my old leg injury has stopped twinging after doing a load of exercise that used to aggravate it so may be hope yet!

It’s still early, as in the online medical passed. I’ve been sent my medical forms for my gp, but they also gave me this number to ring

It’s still early. Medical papers for my GP, but they gave me the above number and instructed me to phone. I presumed it would be to arrange an interview of sorts or some sort of insight.
Which is your local company/platoon? HQ will probably pass you on to them anyway.

Altcar c company
OK, what should happen soon(ish) is that your candidate support manager will put you in contact with a sub-unit. I think it took about six weeks from completing the online medical to me walking into the squadron on a Tuesday night. Capita are slow. Sorry I can't be more help, if it were my own regiment I'd have people to ask.

Drobs

Crow
OK, what should happen soon(ish) is that your candidate support manager will put you in contact with a sub-unit. I think it took about six weeks from completing the online medical to me walking into the squadron on a Tuesday night. Capita are slow. Sorry I can't be more help, if it were my own regiment I'd have people to ask.
ok mate thanks!

Latest Threads