4 PARA Recruitment

I think you need to calibrate expectations - the aircraft required to conduct Basic Parachute Course are in short supply. You are in a Para PID, so will get a chance, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Good afternoon,

I have tried calling my nearest unit but seems to just ring (I am using the number from the Army site). I have applied and my application as a reserve officer has been accepted. I am aware that for a Reserve Potential Officer you need to attend Mod1-4. That would require 7weeks for each of mods 1 and 2 and then an additional 2 weeks for mods 3 and 4 each. I have no problem with this however, does one need to attend all the officer modules then only join a cadre and then go away for another 2 weeks to do CIC and P-Coy? Just looking at what I need to expect with regards to holidays from work. I have no problem with the Tuesday evenings though.

Last edited:

The_Duke

LE
If you seek to join 4 PARA once commissioned, you will not do CIC. The P Coy element is 4 days at the end of the soldiers 2 week package.

You will however need to attend a significant amount of the recruit cadre weekends to ensure you are suitably prepared.

Thank you for the prompt feedback The_Duke. One further question-typically do potential officers commission and then join a cadre? I am just trying to consider the possible conflict with cadre weekends and OTC weekends.

The_Duke

LE
Thank you for the prompt feedback The_Duke. One further question-typically do potential officers commission and then join a cadre? I am just trying to consider the possible conflict with cadre weekends and OTC weekends.
You need to go and speak to the unit. It sounds like you are getting confused or trying to juggle various training options.

Aporoaching 4 PARA once you are already commissioned is one thing, hoping to commission through them is another.

As per The Duke, speak to White City who are aware of your application and they will guide you through the process.

Quick question, I’ve applied for 4 para and spoke on the phone to the unit, I’ve to go in tomorrow for what they say an interview, but I was only told today and not got a suit is this a problem?

Quick question, I’ve applied for 4 para and spoke on the phone to the unit, I’ve to go in tomorrow for what they say an interview, but I was only told today and not got a suit is this a problem?
Just shave, clean shoes, trousers and ironed shirt, if no shirt smart polo shirt

No. It should be just an informal chat.

The_Duke

LE
Smart is good, but if the only way you can get there is straight from your (generic, not personal) day job scraping the bits at the bottom of a septic tank then so be it.

Honestly, they worry more about you and your ability than choice of outfit.

Hi, I am interested in joining C Coy 4 Para and was wondering if they hold any open/insight nights? Or would it be best to turn up on a training night and speak to a member of the battalion?
Regards.

Please don't just turn up at a location unannounced, apart from the security issues that may get people excited, you may also inconvenience the training staff who will be trying to run the evening if the recruitment team are not on site.

Please give the C Coy recruiter a call at Bn HQ on 01904 664554 and discuss.

Hi there.

I am in Wales and notiched there is a unit in Newport? I am very interested in joining. My current mile and a half runtime is 10:09, and my eye sight is 636 uncorrected and 6/4 corrected.

I was wondering if it would be wise, with those stats, to put an application in to join 4 PARA?

Thanks for that.