4 PARA Recruitment

noclip

Crow
Hello,

I'll be moving over to Scotland next year, so I was just thinking on joining up now while I'm in education. Would there be a problem if I do join up now from Ireland?. I haven't called up yet, going to call up next week in the N.I AFCO.

I want to be a officer, but need to go through the training until I reach that goal.

Thanks for all the replies.

DB_Cooper

Old-Salt
For potential recruits making (early) new years resolutions, the 4 PARA recruiting offices are now closed for the Christmas break and will return on 3rd Jan. The Facebook page will be manned over the break on an ad hoc basis if required.

As a reminder to all, 4 PARA is a national unit based at the below and we are recruiting for a wide variety of trades.

A Company - Scotland
Glasgow
Edinburgh

B Company
White City
Croydon
Romford

C Company
Pudsey (Bn HQ)
St Helens
Hebburn

D Company
Nottingham
Rugby
Newport

4 PARA are taking over, I'm amazed you never got a second reserve battalion instead of PWRR,but you guys still don't have anything in East Anglia.

There is **** all over here

Is it possible for a soldier from another unit to undertake P-Coy, possibly with the intention of attachment (or even just to see if they can still pass it?)

The_Duke

LE
Is it possible for a soldier from another unit to undertake P-Coy, possibly with the intention of attachment (or even just to see if they can still pass it?)
The resistance is rarely from 4 PARA or P Coy - the courses are running, and it is a reasonable recruitment tool. You will however need to have a much better justification that "I just fancy seeing how difficult it is".

You are likely to get resistance from your current unit, who would need to release you from training but fund the MTDs for beat up work, pre-course assessment and Pre-Para itself. They pay to support you possibly leaving their establishment. Doesn't sound too good from their perspective, does it?

Last edited:

fiorgobas

Swinger
Hello,

I'll be moving over to Scotland next year, so I was just thinking on joining up now while I'm in education. Would there be a problem if I do join up now from Ireland?. I haven't called up yet, going to call up next week in the N.I AFCO.

I want to be a officer, but need to go through the training until I reach that goal.

Thanks for all the replies.
Go 2 Royal Irish initially and transfer over to 4 Para.

Randy McStab

Old-Salt
Hey I saw some your lads training in Catterick at the weekend. Looked like those guys are worked hard, but was nice to see a few smiles too. How long does it take from getting your recruits up to P-Coy level?

4PARAREG

Clanker
Hey I saw some your lads training in Catterick at the weekend. Looked like those guys are worked hard, but was nice to see a few smiles too. How long does it take from getting your recruits up to P-Coy level?
Good to hear!

The recruit cadre is 11 weekends over 6 months (with CIC/P Coy as 2 week block at the end), courses are bi annual forming around November/June.

Article in the Sunday Newspapers (Times or Mail) had an article about Barclay Bank taking over recruit training - based at Canerey Wharf

As per a paper put forward to the MoD by the Head of Global Securities at Barclays

Archie

Article in the Sunday Newspapers (Times or Mail) had an article about Barclay Bank taking over recruit training - based at Canerey Wharf

As per a paper put forward to the MoD by the Head of Global Securities at Barclays

Archie
Good on Tootal. Lots of stairs to run up and down there...

Is it possible to join a recruit cadre if you are only able to make the weekend sessions? I live a 3 hour ferry and 4 hour car journey from A company Glasgow so obviously wouldn't be able to make it for the drill nights. I'm self employed so wouldn't have a problem fitting in all the other weekends, training camps etc.

Dear All,
I'm on the next cadre and very excited about it!
Question: a close friend is getting married on weekend 6 of the cadre. I'd love to make the wedding but am aware of how important the weekends are. I'm slightly hesitant to ask if I can attend the wedding because I don't want to seem so uncommitted so early on.
Would you advise asking if I can miss the weekend or sending over an extra great wedding gift to make up for my absence?
Thanks all round.

Last edited:

2/51

LE
"Dear Sarge, do you mind if I miss the training you have put on for the weekend as I want to go and get p!ssed at my mates wedding and touch up a bridesmaid...that ok?"

"Certainly son, we do this for our own enjoyment, training ain't half as important as your mates wedding. Off you toddle, don't worry about us. Glad to see your mate is more important to you...forget about us sonny, we will still be here when you get back, we will just hold back so you don't have to catch up too much".

I am pretty sure that's how the conversation will go.

Commitment is everything...the fact you are even asking suggests you already know the answer....

4PARAREG

Clanker
You will receive hundreds of different answers to this. The best advice to give is to call your local unit and have a chat with them about your personal circumstances as it can vary from location.

4PARAREG

Clanker
All locations are always recruiting high quality individuals. Please call the office and have a chat with the recruiter who will guide you through the process

4 PARA

Latest Threads