4 PARA Recruitment

4PARAREG

Clanker
Good Afternoon All,

With the ongoing expansion of 4 PARA and subsequent confusion around locations/training/transferring etc it seems worthwhile to have a thread on Arrse so we can give potential recruits the correct information.

Due to the ongoing demand for 4 PARA Soldiers and Officers, and to ensure as much as possible we have a national coverage we have recently created D Company, to give coverage of the Midlands area. The new Coy HQ is based in Rugby, Warwickshire and we also have a location in Nottingham. Due to this expansion we are recruiting extensively in the area and we would very much like to hear from you, if you think you have what it takes.
4 PARA demands a lot from it's recruits, but once P Company is passed the opportunities afforded are wide and varied.

Locations

A Coy - Scotland
Glasgow
Edinburgh

B Coy - London/South
White City
Croydon

C Coy - North
St Helens
Pudsey
Hebburn

D Coy - Midlands
Rugby
Nottingham

For further contact details please see the main 4 PARA website

http://www.army.mod.uk/infantry/regiments/parachute/24063.aspx

Please feel free to ask any questions surrounding recruitment into the Battalion either by private message or as a reply to this thread and we will try to answer as soon as possible.

hank

War Hero
A welcome return to the Midlands. Couldn't you have kept the old 16 Coy identity?

4PARAREG

Clanker
Just out of idle curiosity, any reason there's not a company in Wales?
It's a reasonable question, we'd like to have a location in most cities but unfortunately we are limited to the locations we have at present.

llech

LE
Just out of idle curiosity, any reason there's not a company in Wales?
A narrow costal strip in the North and South where it's densely populated means that the recruitment would just sap all the personel from the other units, just a guess.

whats the crack with the HRR contract with 4 para blokes? (5 days NTM for reservists etc) how many days training would be requires per annum to maintain HRR currency? thanks.

BillThom

Crow
Been lurking for a wee while as I'm moving forward in applying for 4 PARA up n Scotland. Basically looking to get myself prepared for it physically and mentally as I don't want to make an arse of it and not get through selection. it'll be good to have a place like this to come to.

One thing I've maybe got crossed wires on, do the reserves no longer jump despite going through P COY? Or
have I got it wrong somewhere? I've been looking forward to crawling through rain & mud then jumping out of a big F*^%$ing plane.

Cheers!

The_Duke

LE
Yes, they do. There may be a delay in being loaded onto your basic para course depending on the backlog, aircraft availability, your availability, weather etc but assuming (!) you pass P Coy, the opportunities to parachute are still there.

4PARAREG

Clanker
To further Duke's point, I can think of 4 people already from C Coy who passed P Coy in Dec who have completed BPC and have wings - there will be more in A/B Coy.

If you are a regular attendee and can make the time - you will get on a jumps course.

week 0, finally on my way, at first I thought 8 months was terrible amount of time to get cleared to train, but reading some recruits have been waiting years, I'm feeling a little fortunate now.

ADSC tucked up easy months ago.
Spec med took an age to sort, but a 5ish hour train ride and a 5 min chat and I'm cleared and heading the 5 hours ish home feeling on top of the world (king).edit.

As the spec med delayed me for so long, I'm now starting week 0 not knowing a sole from my unit.

Is anybody else from 4 para(St Helens) heading out on week 0 this weekend (15/05/15)

Chances are I may be the oldest boy this weekend.

I'm interested to hear everone else recruit experience, say hello if your heading out this weekend.

Dr

Last edited:
I'm cleared and heading the 5 hours ish home feeling like a king.
Good luck to you! Loose the 'king' bit. I'll hope that you prove yourself to be an 'emperor' soon.

Thanks, just going to keep my head down and push 100%.
Got a lot to prove to myself this time round, didn't preform as well as I'd like, 14 years ago(ex royal signals TA) finishing middle of the bunch on my recruits course sucked, but 100% all my own fault.
That's not going to happen again.

4PARAREG

Clanker
Thanks, just going to keep my head down and push 100%.
Got a lot to prove to myself this time round, didn't preform as well as I'd like, 14 years ago(ex royal signals TA) finishing middle of the bunch on my recruits course sucked, but 100% all my own fault.
That's not going to happen again.
We will see you tonight then.

Microbe

Swinger
What are the UK residency periods for joining soldier/officer?

Sorry if bone question, can't find the info anywhere on the British Army website with specific regard to AR.

Last edited:

Latest Threads