4 para (glasgow)

#1
Hi ive a few questions re. 4 para glasgow if anyone would be so kind to answer. Firstly is it correct selection requirment is 9min 30 mile and half run, 60 press ups/sit ups, 10 heaves?
When are there training evenings?
And i read its every other weekend is that compulsary?
 
#2
Robp85 said:
Hi ive a few questions re. 4 para glasgow if anyone would be so kind to answer. Firstly is it correct selection requirment is 9min 30 mile and half run, 60 press ups/sit ups, 10 heaves?
When are there training evenings?
And i read its every other weekend is that compulsary?
Rob

A Coy (Glasgow/Edinburgh) run drill nights every tuesday at 1930hrs.

Selection is based upon the typical ADSC scores, although Para Reg Recruits are expected to score higher. I believe 9 mins 18 on the run (although up to 9 mins 40 secs is considered) and a static lift of over 116kg.

The Cadre runs over 9 weekends and as there is so much to cover, attendance on all weekends is compulsory. They are run every second weekend over a 6 month period, culminating with two weeks in Catterick for CIC/P Coy.

Give them a call on 0141 224 5628 for more information. The next cadre begins in February 2010, with selection weekends throughout November.
 
#3
Spenny said:
Robp85 said:
Hi ive a few questions re. 4 para glasgow if anyone would be so kind to answer. Firstly is it correct selection requirment is 9min 30 mile and half run, 60 press ups/sit ups, 10 heaves?
When are there training evenings?
And i read its every other weekend is that compulsary?
Rob

A Coy (Glasgow/Edinburgh) run drill nights every tuesday at 1930hrs.

Selection is based upon the typical ADSC scores, although Para Reg Recruits are expected to score higher. I believe 9 mins 18 on the run (although up to 9 mins 40 secs is considered) and a static lift of over 116kg.

The Cadre runs over 9 weekends and as there is so much to cover, attendance on all weekends is compulsory. They are run every second weekend over a 6 month period, culminating with two weeks in Catterick for CIC/P Coy.

Give them a call on 0141 224 5628 for more information. The next cadre begins in February 2010, with selection weekends throughout November.
I did'nt realise 4 Para did any strength tests that were not based on bodyweight...
 
#4
Werewolf said:
Spenny said:
Robp85 said:
Hi ive a few questions re. 4 para glasgow if anyone would be so kind to answer. Firstly is it correct selection requirment is 9min 30 mile and half run, 60 press ups/sit ups, 10 heaves?
When are there training evenings?
And i read its every other weekend is that compulsary?
Rob

A Coy (Glasgow/Edinburgh) run drill nights every tuesday at 1930hrs.

Selection is based upon the typical ADSC scores, although Para Reg Recruits are expected to score higher. I believe 9 mins 18 on the run (although up to 9 mins 40 secs is considered) and a static lift of over 116kg.

The Cadre runs over 9 weekends and as there is so much to cover, attendance on all weekends is compulsory. They are run every second weekend over a 6 month period, culminating with two weeks in Catterick for CIC/P Coy.

Give them a call on 0141 224 5628 for more information. The next cadre begins in February 2010, with selection weekends throughout November.
I did'nt realise 4 Para did any strength tests that were not based on bodyweight...
4 Para dont mate - its part of the standard ADSC seletion tests, that all new recruits do when joining the Regular or Reserves these days (although potential Parachute Regiment Recruits are expected to achieve higher scores).

This is according to the ADSC info that is sent out.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads