4 Para Fitness

There used to be a fitness regime on the 4para website that was alot more rounded and detailed than the one that is on now.Anyone got the old one available?

Cpt_Darling said:
There used to be a fitness regime on the 4para website that was alot more rounded and detailed than the one that is on now.Anyone got the old one available?
Drop The_Duke a PM.

msr

The_Duke

LE
In simple terms:

Running, press ups, sit ups - lots of for all of them.

If you are over 10.30 for your 1.5 mile run, you are pretty much wasting your time starting the recruit training cadre. You need to be looking at sub 9 minutes to stand a decent chance of passing P Coy.

Press ups because when Joe fecks up, Joe gets big arms - and Joe tends to feck up a lot. Same for sit ups.

You will be given a brief by one of the PTIs on your induction day/evening which covers the suggested training in detail, but aim for a mix of speed work and distance for endurance on your runs, and lots of cross training.

Sorry I should of been more clear.Im not looking to join 4PARA, Im already in the far more glorious RAF Regt :wink:

The fitness regime I saw on their site just seemed a good well rounded one.

The_Duke

LE
Cpt_Darling said:
Sorry I should of been more clear.Im not looking to join 4PARA, Im already in the far more glorious RAF Regt :wink:

No problems - you need to do more upper body work...

"..my timings...barrier up (pause two three) barrier down...."

The_Duke said:
Cpt_Darling said:

No problems - you need to do more upper body work...

"..my timings...barrier up (pause two three) barrier down...."
Actually its "up, nod two three, down, naafi.

Its reading those IDs thats the problem.Im sure you understand...(para, spelling test etc etc)