Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

4 PARA D Company

Dits92

Swinger
Alright lads,

I'm an ex-navy reg interested in joining 4 PARA D company in rugby next year and was wondering if any of you are currently serving for D company and what the lifestyle and training is like.

Cheers

D Coy is the newest unit with the Bn (formed 2014) and as such is still very much in it's infancy. It has a core contingent of regular attendees, and due to the lower numbers than the rest has a close knit feel - with Newport coming onto strength this has added an extra dimension as Rugby/Notts are very close, and some attend both locations due to the differing training days.

Please ask if any more questions.

Pln Comd D Coy

Cheers for the extra info!

How often do the basic training weekends begin? I'm currently 'getting fit to apply' and sorting out personal work admin so I can put 110% into joining as a reserve. I'm personally looking towards mid 2018 to put an application in. Is there any phys training sessions potential reservist recruits can join? Cheers again.

Ring Rugby 01788 544177 and speak to Capt Faupel, There were PARA Fit sessions that were being run on drill nights for civilians to improve fitness, however unsure if these are still ongoing.

The recruit cadre's form in December and June, if you haven't already made contact with Capt Faupel and submitted an application the recommendation is you do so immediately, it is not a short process and sometimes paperwork can take a long time to come through. It would be better to be on the system and choose to wait for the next cadre than to submit an application late and not get on the course.

4 PARA