4 para cadre

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by tomboy, Jan 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. have just passed selection weekend for 4 para. <wuppi do iknow> iam just wondering if any one could give me a brief or detailed account of what the cadre is going to consist off. i was a late recruit so im pretty much in the dark any tips or advice welcome even shit ones thanks

2. Get fit.

HTH

BB

3. As an ex TA and regular Paratrooper my advice would be to keep yor eyes and ears open and mouth shut, always work hard, and remember, the staff see everything, good luck

4. thanks parablue thats sound advice.

5. Good advice.However what's the time lag for those who pass,to get on a jumps course?

6. ive no idea . do you

7. bloody months now

8. My son was lucky.He was on a Gap Year Commission,and jumps folowed almost immediately after P Coy.However,he tells me that a number of people he knows in 4 Para,have waited more than 12 months,after completing P Coy(at least in the White City Coy),for the jumps course.

9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

It can easily be 12 months depending on course availablity, the soldiers ability to take time off work, weather/aircraft availability during the course etc. Many will do a tour before they get on their jumps course - just like in the regular Bns.