4 Month jail for offensive T-shirt

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Pebbles015, Oct 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This sort of thing has been an offence for many years. There's nothing new here.
    Shame they couldn't birch the attention seeking idiot. Why on earth would anyone who had actually grown up to be an adult, wish to do that kind of thing? He got the attention he deserved.

• Like Like x 7
  2. To be fair, I'm all for free speech, but this is grotesquely offensive. The **** should have been put in the stocks for Christ's sake.

• Like Like x 1
  3. It was a ***** trick but 4 months FFS?

The law should read 'anyone found guilty of the offence shall be publicly labelled a complete idiot'

4. 4 months is a little harsh considering there are serial burglars out there who get nothing more than community service and jolly good telling off from the Mag.

Yes it is offensive, but Constables should be hardened to this. I dread to think what's going to happen when we have 23-year-old Inspectors who've never been called nasty things before.

In the olden days plod would have just confiscated the shirt and told him to feck off back under his rock...

• Like Like x 12
  5. Sentenced to 4 months, actually do a month.

6. 39 years old? You'd think he'd have grown out of the rebellious teenager phase by now. Still, four months of finding out what stickin' it to da man really means seems a tad heavy.

7. I wasn't at the trial so I don't know what his attitude was or what the normal sentence would be for this sort of offence. It's certainly a kind of incitement to others like all the Facebook scumbags who thought Raoul Moat was a hero. He's got form as well though hasn't he? It doesn't say if this is aggravated or if he has already committed public order offences. Give him community service and he'll probably not bother to turn up.
    I'll wager he's on benefits of some kind and probably contributes very little to society and considers the Police to be 'the enemy' because they have occasionally stopped him breaking the law, but would be the first to run squealing to them for help when the boot's on the other foot. A very twisted way of looking at society.

Edited to add: as has been said, give him four months and he'll probably serve one.

8. Public order offence, deserves what he got.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just a second thought, didn't a judge a few months ago say that abusing the police was to be expected, and therefore not a crime as such?

10. In the olden days he'd have been bundled up a back alley and beaten to the point at which the purpose of his life from that moment forward would be as a source of employment for a feeder/arse wiper.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes.

12. Doesn't apply to plebs though.

13. Playing the long game, compensation for wrongful imprisonment, and sueing his brief for letting it happen. Trebles all round.