4 Mil Trg Wing

#1
Whats the deal with the Mil Trg wing these days ?
A handful of decent, robust and professional acting instructors doing a good job, trying hard to instil core values and decent training on their CLM courses…… All to be wiped away as soon as the Gung Ho, Foul Mouthed Rambo’esqe SMI walks in to a briefing and shatters the illusion by opening his gob. I honestly believed this poor style of leadership to be a thing of the past in todays Army no wonder there are retention problems … not very inspiring at all ….. what a total ARRSE.
The real ball cruncher for all those who are currently moving through CLM Cse’s under this ARRSE is that their reports are going to show them in a dim light due to his inability to string together any competent/ relevant observations.
 
G

GLESGA-NED

Guest
#6
It's unfortunate that Army policy and rules cannot affect the gene pool of dicks in the world. but be reassured we generally had more than one tit on our courses and to be truthful, the CLM courses are more constructive than Det Cmdrs/Sgt courses. So to that end, more PT!!
 
#7
GLESGA-NED said:
It's unfortunate that Army policy and rules cannot affect the gene pool of dicks in the world. but be reassured we generally had more than one tit on our courses and to be truthful, the CLM courses are more constructive than Det Cmdrs/Sgt courses. So to that end, more PT!!
Ah, Detties, never have so many been dicked around by so few.......
 
#8
I found the majority of the "Instuctors" within 4 Sqn to be big timers who were justifying their own existance as an organisation, having known several guys posted into 11SR with a few mil quals who were sent to 4 Sqn and were pretty sound lads. However within 4 - 6 weeks they are starting to show the signs, telling people they were "Selected" for the job by manning and records and selling themselves as master tacticians akin to Lord Wellington or the DSF. At the end of the day the CLM package has mandatory training targets to acheive and the rest is just bolt on jobs for the boys which many capbadges within the army steer clear of. :(
 
#9
rancour said:
Whats the deal with the Mil Trg wing these days ?
A handful of decent, robust and professional acting instructors doing a good job, trying hard to instil core values and decent training on their CLM courses…… All to be wiped away as soon as the Gung Ho, Foul Mouthed Rambo’esqe SMI walks in to a briefing and shatters the illusion by opening his gob. I honestly believed this poor style of leadership to be a thing of the past in todays Army no wonder there are retention problems … not very inspiring at all ….. what a total ARRSE.
The real ball cruncher for all those who are currently moving through CLM Cse’s under this ARRSE is that their reports are going to show them in a dim light due to his inability to string together any competent/ relevant observations.
ha ha ha, enjoy the rest of your course. you do realise what you've just done dont you
 
#10
Thebull140 said:
rancour said:
Whats the deal with the Mil Trg wing these days ?
A handful of decent, robust and professional acting instructors doing a good job, trying hard to instil core values and decent training on their CLM courses…… All to be wiped away as soon as the Gung Ho, Foul Mouthed Rambo’esqe SMI walks in to a briefing and shatters the illusion by opening his gob. I honestly believed this poor style of leadership to be a thing of the past in todays Army no wonder there are retention problems … not very inspiring at all ….. what a total ARRSE.
The real ball cruncher for all those who are currently moving through CLM Cse’s under this ARRSE is that their reports are going to show them in a dim light due to his inability to string together any competent/ relevant observations.
ha ha ha, enjoy the rest of your course. you do realise what you've just done dont you
Why are you not leathered?
 
#11
heidtheba said:
Thebull140 said:
rancour said:
Whats the deal with the Mil Trg wing these days ?
A handful of decent, robust and professional acting instructors doing a good job, trying hard to instil core values and decent training on their CLM courses…… All to be wiped away as soon as the Gung Ho, Foul Mouthed Rambo’esqe SMI walks in to a briefing and shatters the illusion by opening his gob. I honestly believed this poor style of leadership to be a thing of the past in todays Army no wonder there are retention problems … not very inspiring at all ….. what a total ARRSE.
The real ball cruncher for all those who are currently moving through CLM Cse’s under this ARRSE is that their reports are going to show them in a dim light due to his inability to string together any competent/ relevant observations.
ha ha ha, enjoy the rest of your course. you do realise what you've just done dont you
Why are you not leathered?
i was, i didnt even remember writing this till i got this reply.

Now i just need to remember making this post tomorrow. I'm rather shitfaced
 
#12
TeleOpRR said:
I found the majority of the "Instuctors" within 4 Sqn to be big timers who were justifying their own existance as an organisation, having known several guys posted into 11SR with a few mil quals who were sent to 4 Sqn and were pretty sound lads. However within 4 - 6 weeks they are starting to show the signs, telling people they were "Selected" for the job by manning and records and selling themselves as master tacticians akin to Lord Wellington or the DSF. At the end of the day the CLM package has mandatory training targets to acheive and the rest is just bolt on jobs for the boys which many capbadges within the army steer clear of. :(
Care to elaborate on which capbadges steer clear of adding on Corps specific bits to their JNCO and SNCO CLM courses?

I know the AGC run a CLM with some bolt ons, as do the RE, RA and RAMC(RADC/RAVC/QARANC inc). The only "pure" CLM I have seen run was the 3 day part 2 for Inf. But they run Sgt Courses for all their SNCOs any way (Senior Brecon, Signals and Mortars for example).

I think the Inf were toying with adding the CLM to their SNCO courses, thus ALL capbadgeswill essentially run a CLM package with bolt ons.

The CLM only provides a general base level for ALL J/SNCOs in the Army, there will always be a requirement for Capbadge or even Trade specific Objectives.

Bearing in mind that the RSignals are also now using the CLM course to filter for instructors using PD19, perhaps pot recruiters and Inf Embeds may be selected from the course in future as well.

Basically the CLMs are used to get all personnel to a set point using Army and Corps Training objectives. If you don´t like it, do´t do the course.
 
#13
Well done Chocolate frog,

Seems you are one of the few men left within your corps who has an ounce of dignity. The instructors are not big timing it. I would suggest that personnel attending these mandatory promotional courses are slightly bitter.

At the end of the day training is mandatory, Fair, and relevant these days. The gentlemaen above are obviously that simple minded and wrapped up in their own little communications world that they cannot see a good thing when they see it.

I also disagree with the slagging of instructors within your very own capbadge. If you have an issue just nip to where they delivey this training and tell them how it should be done.

I know within my Regiment that the Military Training Inastructors very often become the CSM's or RSM's. Maybethis is the underlying issue.

Communicate to each other fellas. Your good at it around the world.

Get Fit.
 
#14
chocolate_frog said:
TeleOpRR said:
I found the majority of the "Instuctors" within 4 Sqn to be big timers who were justifying their own existance as an organisation, having known several guys posted into 11SR with a few mil quals who were sent to 4 Sqn and were pretty sound lads. However within 4 - 6 weeks they are starting to show the signs, telling people they were "Selected" for the job by manning and records and selling themselves as master tacticians akin to Lord Wellington or the DSF. At the end of the day the CLM package has mandatory training targets to acheive and the rest is just bolt on jobs for the boys which many capbadges within the army steer clear of. :(
Care to elaborate on which capbadges steer clear of adding on Corps specific bits to their JNCO and SNCO CLM courses?

I know the AGC run a CLM with some bolt ons, as do the RE, RA and RAMC(RADC/RAVC/QARANC inc). The only "pure" CLM I have seen run was the 3 day part 2 for Inf. But they run Sgt Courses for all their SNCOs any way (Senior Brecon, Signals and Mortars for example).

I think the Inf were toying with adding the CLM to their SNCO courses, thus ALL capbadgeswill essentially run a CLM package with bolt ons.

The CLM only provides a general base level for ALL J/SNCOs in the Army, there will always be a requirement for Capbadge or even Trade specific Objectives.

Bearing in mind that the RSignals are also now using the CLM course to filter for instructors using PD19, perhaps pot recruiters and Inf Embeds may be selected from the course in future as well.

Basically the CLMs are used to get all personnel to a set point using Army and Corps Training objectives. If you don´t like it, do´t do the course.
It's a promotion course at the end of the day. They're not meant to be easy or any fool could pass them.
 
#15
Thebull140 said:
chocolate_frog said:
TeleOpRR said:
I found the majority of the "Instuctors" within 4 Sqn to be big timers who were justifying their own existance as an organisation, having known several guys posted into 11SR with a few mil quals who were sent to 4 Sqn and were pretty sound lads. However within 4 - 6 weeks they are starting to show the signs, telling people they were "Selected" for the job by manning and records and selling themselves as master tacticians akin to Lord Wellington or the DSF. At the end of the day the CLM package has mandatory training targets to acheive and the rest is just bolt on jobs for the boys which many capbadges within the army steer clear of. :(
Care to elaborate on which capbadges steer clear of adding on Corps specific bits to their JNCO and SNCO CLM courses?

I know the AGC run a CLM with some bolt ons, as do the RE, RA and RAMC(RADC/RAVC/QARANC inc). The only "pure" CLM I have seen run was the 3 day part 2 for Inf. But they run Sgt Courses for all their SNCOs any way (Senior Brecon, Signals and Mortars for example).

I think the Inf were toying with adding the CLM to their SNCO courses, thus ALL capbadgeswill essentially run a CLM package with bolt ons.

The CLM only provides a general base level for ALL J/SNCOs in the Army, there will always be a requirement for Capbadge or even Trade specific Objectives.

Bearing in mind that the RSignals are also now using the CLM course to filter for instructors using PD19, perhaps pot recruiters and Inf Embeds may be selected from the course in future as well.

Basically the CLMs are used to get all personnel to a set point using Army and Corps Training objectives. If you don´t like it, do´t do the course.
It's a promotion course at the end of the day. They're not meant to be easy or any fool could pass them.
Thats what I was thinking. Someone out his fluffy pink comfort zone perhaps :?
 
#16
thats what I was thinking. JCLM started last monday, one of the lads mentioned this Arrse thing. Sgt Major told them off, given the time and date of the post probably cos he failed the CFT. Decided to get online and voice his opinions. Rest of the course probably reaping the benefits of his comments.

Good lad there, just what you want in a NCO.

Thats just me speculating mind.
 
#17
Thebull140 said:
thats what I was thinking. JCLM started last monday, one of the lads mentioned this Arrse thing. Sgt Major told them off, given the time and date of the post probably cos he failed the CFT. Decided to get online and voice his opinions. Rest of the course probably reaping the benefits of his comments.

Good lad there, just what you want in a NCO.

Thats just me speculating mind.
Thats half the problem nowadays, merged trades (IMHO), loads of people promoted who dont deserve (or cant handle the responsibility of) the rank.
 
#18
roadster280 said:
lifefitness said:
Well done Chocolate frog,



In my experience, few Mil Trg guys were anything other than "Red Tabs". Blue and Green Tabs paid for it at the hands of these guys. Anything but fair in one sense. But fair in their eyes.

With fear of appearing obtuse on a subject I consider myself relatively experienced, could someone enlighted me on the term 'Red Tab'. I always related that sobriquet with those who attained the rank of Colonel and above.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
 
#19
In the old days of 8 Sig Regt, the squadrons were made to wear tabs. 3 Sqn ( RR Ops, R Ops, Lineys, Dvrs, EDs etc) wore red tabs. 2 Sqn ( DTG and RTG) wore yellow and green depending on whether you were a basic or upgrader and 1 Sqn ( Techs) wore Blue tabs (upgraders) and I can't remember what basic techs wore.

It made me laugh when the soldiers going on upgrading courses stated that they weren't going to wear the tabs because they were rufty tufty soldiers in working units. Like the sh1te you used to hear when people were going infront of the SSM and said that they were not going to accept in and go all the way to Court Martial only to slink out of his office 3 extras worse off.
 
#20
Nil-desperandum said:
roadster280 said:
lifefitness said:
Well done Chocolate frog,



In my experience, few Mil Trg guys were anything other than "Red Tabs". Blue and Green Tabs paid for it at the hands of these guys. Anything but fair in one sense. But fair in their eyes.

With fear of appearing obtuse on a subject I consider myself relatively experienced, could someone enlighted me on the term 'Red Tab'. I always related that sobriquet with those who attained the rank of Colonel and above.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"


No WAH.

The Terms of Red/Blue/Green tabs is a reference to the trade group and the sqn they were trained in. Each of the three squadrons wore their own coloured ribbon (tab) on their epullets or CS95 rankslide.

It is a bit defunct now as the newtrade structure and method of training has moved the trades about (CS Engrs for example are in ALL Sqns). It also depends on which regiement was doing the trainig (8 Sigs in Catterick had a more complex system than 11 Sigs in Blandford),

Nor does it relate to Harrogate Trained Trades, who were differently ribboned. ie a white tab for recruit term, a red one for Senior Term, worn on the RHS eppulet.

A "red tab" is a member of Storemen, Drivers or EDs (I think they used to have Mechs too). Having no Supervisor trade of their own, they generally have to fight up the RD roster, thus Mil Trg courses are an essential to progress.

You can also throw in a few "funnies" such as yellow "second" tabs for course leader and white mine tape (I kid you not) for those fresh from Phase 1.

Likewise Blue was at one time worn by "Penny Squadron" who were a bunch of Adult Entries that had the good fortune to be trained on Harrogate when Catterick shut down and Blandford didn´t have the space for them.

And I wore Blue when I went to Blandford for a two week stint on Ptarmigan, as a TG.

All in all, a very complimacated system.

No WAH.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top