4 Lions - New Chris Morris Film

The PC brigade ain't gonna like this! :lol:

I know, the BBC Look North lot have already been out in Leeds getting opinions and everybody they asked said "Its sick", "Shouldn't be allowed" and so on.

Funny though, none of them had seen the film yet!

Looks good, and I cant wait to see it. Cant wait to see how many people kick up a stink about this film.

I'll be watching this in Leeds, and am slightly worried about potential reactions. Have already seen various pseudo-religious films in the cinema with significant numbers of ethnics, and some reactions have been insane.

Green Zone: A shout of "Fookin Kaffirs" before a bloke storms out literally dragging his missus with him,

and interestingly,

Book of Eli: Ethnic fella shouted that "All Christians will burn" as he and a group of four mates stormed out of the cinema near the end.

...I'll take my self-defence golf club just in case.

I was laughing like a drain through most of the film. Sometimes at the wrong points but never mind. Was surprised to see two ladies with headscarves on watching it too. Maybe it was a training video???

Defo worth a watch.

P-T

Its definately on my 'to see' list! I reckon I'll be safe from the Taliban if I watch it in Winchester.

It is thought provoking too but genuinely funny. RIP Osama Bin Laden. :twisted:

looks funny as fcuk!......i wonder if OB decide to search anyone at next years London Marathon in fancy dress?

Don't be at all influenced by the review in the Sunday Times - the reviewer came across as some sort of Islington dwelling plonker that doesn't think that you should find a suicide bomber having an ND amusing.

I cried, my wife cried, and all three children cried. To be perfectly honest if I'd laughed any harder I'd have wet myself. The trailer is just a selection of some of the funny bits, the film is good from start to finish and rips along.

The two SO19 snipers arguing with control and each other about whether a wookie is (or was) a bear is excellently executed and genuinely funny.

Well worth the admission price.

Baffled to see that a FB group has started to ban the film and it's not started by Muslims; it seems to be from those who think it's glorifying terrorism and is disrespectful to (and I use their words) "our boys 'n' girls". Mind you, I don't think any of the members have seen the film, just read the Daily Mail instead.

bigbird67 said:
Its definately on my 'to see' list! I reckon I'll be safe from the Taliban if I watch it in Winchester.
Nope, they've got a sleeper cell there and are often seen loitering around King Alfreds statue.

sfub said:
Baffled to see that a FB group has started to ban the film and it's not started by Muslims; it seems to be from those who think it's glorifying terrorism and is disrespectful to (and I use their words) "our boys 'n' girls". Mind you, I don't think any of the members have seen the film, just read the Daily Mail instead.
Well seeing as the creator of the FB groups son was killed by a suicide bomber i think he might have a point.

Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
sfub said:
Well seeing as the creator of the FB groups son was killed by a suicide bomber i think he might have a point.
Fair enough, point accepted Mr G.