4 lancs.

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Ravers, Jul 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I will be uprooting myself from sunny London next year to begin life as a Gentleman farmer in the grim North and it appears that 4 LANCS will be my local TA unit.

Anyone from this mob? What's it like? Do you need an armourer? Is the social side any good? etc. etc.

I've also seen 201 Field Hospital are based in the same place. Does this mean there are loads of fit nurses to smash?

Answers on a postcard to the usual address please.

2. Ravers

How come this thread hasn't appeared on the main board or in my post history?

This new site ain't what it used to be. :)

3. I'm in that mob (but think based at a different TAC nearby) and can safely say we have a good set of blokes. The main focus at the moment is supporting ops and fitness and shooting have been hammered over this past year. Social side depends which Sub unit you join but on the whole is very good. Not sure about the query about the armourer requirements. As for fit nurses - they must be in hiding but plenty of totty when you're out n about.

4. Ravers

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at the unit in Carlisle. I'll nip along and have a look next time I'm in the area.

5. a Cockney in a northern unit - you'll be inundated with offers to be bezzers with the lads so that you can give fashion, and personal hygiene tips, and they in turn can give you tips on the best mackintosh to but to keep the rain out!

6. Ravers

That's why I'm moving North to be honest. I figure my racial purity and basic grasp of the English language will make me considerably more attractive to employers and women than the locals.

Anyone know where I can get a decent whippet?