4 Lancs or 208 Field Hospital?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by TaffyMon, Jan 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just started an Adult Nursing Degree at university and was hoping to join the TA as a CMT whilst there, possibly do a tour after I finish and then decide whether to join the QA's as a regular or stay with the TA.
    My question is who would be the best unit to approach? my local units are 4 Lancs or 208 Field Hospital. I know 208 Field Hospital would make more sense but I cannot find any information about them, where are they based in Liverpool? I cannot find a contact number or email address for them either. 4 Lancs is literally up the road should I pop in there and see what they have to offer?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks. TaffyMon.
  2. 208 Fd Hosp are at Chavasse House on Sarum Road (L25 2XP) for HQ and A Sqn. B Sqn is at Ellemere port and C Sqn is in Blackpool. Try 01514 881546 or email 208hosp-asqn-psao@mod.uk
  3. Fantastic, I will get straight on to them!
  4. Dont think the Fd Hosp are taking on CMT'S. At least 207 arnt. 4 Lancs are short of CMT'S and will be deploying soon (ish).
  5. Im not sure that deploying would be a good career move if hes just started his nursing degree, hes got a good couple of years in uni followed by consolidation before considering deploying. By that time he will know for certain that joining the TA or the Regs as a QA is the way forward rather than as a CMT. Join as a CMT as a private or the QAs as a nursing officer (or a Cpl if a soldier entry)! TA as a CMT is a good idea while at uni if you want to get an idea as to what to expect from the Army if you decide to join once qualified.
  6. Dont bother with 4 Lancs then. They are only intrested in people who can mob.
  7. 4 Lancs had an open day last weekend, you could have popped in and have a chat with them.

208 parades on a Tuesday night if you want to drop and have a chat with the recruiting officer, he will advise on your options.
  8. Thanks for the advice. I tried contacting 208 by email a few weeks back but received no reply, I only needed to know their parade night so I could pop along, but hey now I know! I will get down there and speak to them next week.