4 KIA 1 WIA AFGN 170608 - Condolences only.

BBC link

Four British soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan after their vehicle was caught in an explosion, the Ministry of Defence has said.

The deaths take the number of British soldiers killed in Afghanistan since 2001 to 106.

Defence Secretary Des Browne announced this week that British troop numbers in Afghanistan will rise by 230 to a new high of more than 8,000 by next spring.

The dead troops' next of kin have been informed.

Rest In Peace Lads

Thought's and Prayers for your Families and Friends

And to St Peter he will say
"One more soldier reporting Sir,I've served my time in hell"

Not a good month for us, and no light at the end of the tunnel. Supprisingly the MoD website hasn't issued a press release, they're normaly one of the first.

Unlucky lads.

Not good at all.

RIP

My condolences to the families

RIP lads

Stilts

BBC Update

Four British soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan after their vehicle was caught in an explosion, the Ministry of Defence has said.

The explosion happened east of Lashkar Gah in Helmand Province.

Three of the soldiers were killed in the blast and another was pronounced dead at the Camp Bastion medical base.

The dead soldiers' next-of-kin have been informed. The deaths take the number of British soldiers killed in Afghanistan since 2001 to 106.

One of the dead soldiers was a member of the Intelligence Corps, the MoD said.

A fifth soldier wounded in the attack, which happened at 1540 local time on Tuesday, is in a stable condition.

Brig Gen Carlos Branco, from the Nato-led International Security Assistance Force (Isaf) in Afghanistan, said: "Our thoughts and sincere condolences are with the family and friends of the brave soldiers who were killed today.

"These soldiers died and were wounded trying to help bring peace and security for the Afghan people."

Defence Secretary Des Browne announced this week that British troop numbers in Afghanistan will rise by 230 to a new high of more than 8,000 by next spring.

RIP. As always thoughts and prayers are with family, friends and unit.

How many more......?

RIP Lads, thoughts to the family