4 Hours On 4 Hours Off

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Jimima_Shark, May 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'll be on a sailing exped in the next year and I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me if there is any tricks to maximising the 4 hours off?

2. None whatsoever mate. I did the Bay of Biscay many years ago (dicked) and can honestly say that it was a heartbreaking experience. Wet, cold, seasick, tired and ruled over by an ex-submariner who hated all army. In his defence though, he did give us a day off in St Malo port on the return journey..........the town was closed for winter as were all the bars. I was threaders so I dumped his shoes over board the next day.Childish I know, but so much fun.
  3. Switch off half an hour before the end of your watch, and when coming on watch, try to do so in as little time as possible, be late if you can. sit in the cockpit and stare at the opposite gunwale and bury your head in your collar. When helming stare at teh compass card and wildly over correct try and crash gybe if you can. never look above the cockpit coaming and cewrtainly not beyond the bow. Offer to do chart checks and spend 15 minutes on them, as soon as you come back into the cockpit offer to make hot drinks, Do this using every pot and metallic object in sight, slam the doors in the galley, leave the Kettle in the sink to crash back and forth, If you must use the toilet make it a good un and leave the door open afterwards. try to leave a lump of shite in the Jabsco pump so the bloke afterwards can judge you on your consitency.

This does nothing for the sanity of you or the crew, but it will doubtless make it a more enjoyable experience! Character building, My arrse!