• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

4 days in Tennesse

This is for anyone living in (or has visited) Tennessee in the U.S. I'm heading over that way next month for 4 days and fancy doing the military history side of things. I'm researching on Google but just wondered if you had any idea on the best places to go.

Cheers

This is for anyone living in (or has visited) Tennessee in the U.S. I'm heading over that way next month for 4 days and fancy doing the military history side of things. I'm researching on Google but just wondered if you had any idea on the best places to go.

Cheers
Fort campbell, Home of the 10st AB Div, on the Kentucky/Tennesee border.

Not sure of the OPSEC side of things but you can only ask.

Fort Campbell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where in TN are you going? It's a bit of a trek from one side to t'other.

I'm not sure Tennessee is oozing military history such as the Revolutionary War or the Civil War so much as its Easterly neighbors.

Go a bit further south or east for mil history. I live in the northern 'burbs of Atlanta. There's Civil War history at every turn. I just don't see it when we go up to TN. Not saying it definitely isn't there, just not as prevalent. No idea about Nashville or Memphis.
Tennessee had more Civil War battles than any other state except Virginia. Look up the battles of Fort Henry, Fort Donelson, Shiloh, Stone's River, Chattanooga, Lookout Mountain, Missionary Ridge, Franklin, Nashville, and the Fort Pillow massacre.

Latest Threads