4 Brits abducted in Baghdad?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by CRmeansCeilingReached, May 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. now saying it is a company called "garda world" (possibly GARDA WORLD SECURITY CORPORATION?), possibly formerly Kroll employees?

4 x brit BGs and one x german computer expert. the other german apparently escaped. abductors in police uniform (shock horror) and believed likely to be shia rather than sunni...
  2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I stand to be corrected but I believe that Kroll has become Garda via a merger/buyout/corporate deal etc.

3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

I'm guessing the FCO will not want to release names. POC at the parent company, FWIW.

GardaWorld Contact

Corporate Communications
    001 - 514-281-2811 x 2883
    800-859-1599 x 2883

Keeping fingers crossed for these guys - regardless of any 'Big Boys rules' sh1t.

Don Cabra
  4. Totally correct Garda World Security bought out Kroll's personnel protection division Dec 2006.
  5. Not good.

Heres hoping for the best possible outcome.
  6. especially as they tend to employ a lot of ex-military...
  7. Hopes and prayers that these personnel are delivered back safe and sound...
  8. Good luck chaps, here's hoping for a speedy and safe return.
  9. Good luck guys. safe return.
  10. thoughts are with them
  11. Thoughts go out to the lads and there familes.

Hoping for there safe, sound return.
  12. Fingers crossed , know of a lot of ex military who's gone there for the tax free elements, what else could you do in there position when 40 odd police in uniforms come in with correct paperwork. Hopefully its just for a ransom.
  13. They probably have the correct paperwork because they are the Police. Good chance it's for ransom, let's hope they are not too greedy.

Getting too like Congo to be freelancing over there.