4 Bladed razor blades.

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Jack Doolan, Apr 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have just spent a packet on a razor balde cartridges with four blades.

The bloody things don't work and after half an hour look like a French lorry driver who has been in a knife fight.

The blades are called Schick Quattro Titanium Freesyle and cost ame a packet. Anybody else used it and have I bought a bad batch of blades or is the product no good?

Mens Products - Schick. Free Your Skin

Should I go back to using a Bic?
  2. All these fancy multiblade things are a ripoff. Ordinary razor blade in a metal razor that will last you a lifetime, is the way to go.
  3. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Have to agree with Pigshyt - I've recently gone from Mach 3 blades to a metal razor with the bog standard wilkinson sword blades in it. Took me a good few attempts to get the angle of shave correct but it's as good a shave, costs 5% of the price on blades - made my money back on buying the razor in one pack of blades.

4. I have to agree with Pigshyt and SR. I've recently changed over to a metal razor and I'll never go back. Like SR it took a few attempts to get the angle right, but now I get a better shave than I did with the rip off multi bladed razors.

Save money and a closer shave. You can't ask for more.
  5. I went through the same scenario 30-summat years ago (nearer 40) when I was searching for a decent razor.

I never found a brand that didn't carve me up, apart from Gillette - but I would not use any of their disposables.

I started to Gillette Contour plus in 1975 (when I was on PCBC) and stuck with them until last week, when I twigged that Gillette have discontinued the model.

So, after much hesitation and seeking of recommendations, I trepidatiously made the move to the Gillette Mach 3, which does the job no better, and no worse than its twin-bladed predecessor, but for £1 a pack more, for 8 (rather than 10) cartridges.

Robbing barstewards - but then they've literally got me by the short hairs. :-(
  6. Rolls razor. Check it out on google. An old mate of mine (he's eighty eight) has one and he brought it into the pub one day to show us. I brought one 6 months ago on ebay that was unused. Ingenious little invention that comes in a metal box with a grinding stone and a strop built in. I also managed to buy a set of extra blades. Not a bad little shave although you have to be a little carefull with it. It's older than me and you need to give it a little TLC after you have used it, i.e. dry it properly etc but I'll never have to buy another razor or razor blades ever again.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Shaving threads seem to pop up every 6 months as people twig how much of a con the 3x 4x 5x blades are.

I swapped over to a old style safety razor a few years ago. I have not looked back :O)

Futur Brushed Steel Razor - Merkur - FREE UK Delivery

Promo codes for money off:
  8. I took your advice a couple of years ago,and use that razor with some Jap feather blades for a great cheap shave.
  9. I'll need to try the Feather Blades. Where do you get them, online?
  10. Anything with more than two blades is a gimmicky con backed by slick TV ads. I particularly dislike the one doing the rounds at the min where some bell end comes whooping into what looks like a public toilet to interview some guy clad in a towel shaving at a sink.
    The multi bladed razors are clumsy and impractical and you can,t reach those akward bits with them, under the nose or jawline, especially when you have chiselled film star features like mine.
  11. I get them from Amazon,about £10.00 for 30 sometimes you might get them a bit cheaper
  12. I like the idea of the safety razor but I'm put off by the double edged aspect.
  13. How are you put off?