4 Bladed razor blades.

Have just spent a packet on a razor balde cartridges with four blades.

The bloody things don't work and after half an hour look like a French lorry driver who has been in a knife fight.

The blades are called Schick Quattro Titanium Freesyle and cost ame a packet. Anybody else used it and have I bought a bad batch of blades or is the product no good?

Mens Products - Schick. Free Your Skin

Should I go back to using a Bic?

Have to agree with Pigshyt - I've recently gone from Mach 3 blades to a metal razor with the bog standard wilkinson sword blades in it. Took me a good few attempts to get the angle of shave correct but it's as good a shave, costs 5% of the price on blades - made my money back on buying the razor in one pack of blades.

S_R

I have to agree with Pigshyt and SR. I've recently changed over to a metal razor and I'll never go back. Like SR it took a few attempts to get the angle right, but now I get a better shave than I did with the rip off multi bladed razors.

Save money and a closer shave. You can't ask for more.

I went through the same scenario 30-summat years ago (nearer 40) when I was searching for a decent razor.

I never found a brand that didn't carve me up, apart from Gillette - but I would not use any of their disposables.

I started to Gillette Contour plus in 1975 (when I was on PCBC) and stuck with them until last week, when I twigged that Gillette have discontinued the model.

So, after much hesitation and seeking of recommendations, I trepidatiously made the move to the Gillette Mach 3, which does the job no better, and no worse than its twin-bladed predecessor, but for £1 a pack more, for 8 (rather than 10) cartridges.

Robbing barstewards - but then they've literally got me by the short hairs. :-(

Rolls razor. Check it out on google. An old mate of mine (he's eighty eight) has one and he brought it into the pub one day to show us. I brought one 6 months ago on ebay that was unused. Ingenious little invention that comes in a metal box with a grinding stone and a strop built in. I also managed to buy a set of extra blades. Not a bad little shave although you have to be a little carefull with it. It's older than me and you need to give it a little TLC after you have used it, i.e. dry it properly etc but I'll never have to buy another razor or razor blades ever again.

Anything with more than two blades is a gimmicky con backed by slick TV ads. I particularly dislike the one doing the rounds at the min where some bell end comes whooping into what looks like a public toilet to interview some guy clad in a towel shaving at a sink.
The multi bladed razors are clumsy and impractical and you can,t reach those akward bits with them, under the nose or jawline, especially when you have chiselled film star features like mine.

I went through the same scenario 30-summat years ago (nearer 40) when I was searching for a decent razor.

I never found a brand that didn't carve me up, apart from Gillette - but I would not use any of their disposables.

I started to Gillette Contour plus in 1975 (when I was on PCBC) and stuck with them until last week, when I twigged that Gillette have discontinued the model.

So, after much hesitation and seeking of recommendations, I trepidatiously made the move to the Gillette Mach 3, which does the job no better, and no worse than its twin-bladed predecessor, but for £1 a pack more, for 8 (rather than 10) cartridges.

Robbing barstewards - but then they've literally got me by the short hairs. :-(
The decline of the Gillette contour was what prompted me to buy the four bladed piece of crap!

However, not keen on a safety razor as I have a two year old kid to supervise in the mornings.

I like the idea of the safety razor but I'm put off by the double edged aspect.
I got one a few months back, pretty glad I did. They take time to get used to, you won't get a perfect shave the first time. Not even for a few weeks maybe, but you'll learn. Just remember, it's always going to take longer than using a modern razor, so if you think you can have a quick 3 minute shave and be pleased with the results, you won't.

Apart from the time aspect and the learning curve, they're great. Much cheaper, a lot less harsh than a cartridge razor if used carefully, if I'm away travelling at other bases or whatever, I take my old (cartridge) razor with me to save time and space, after a week my neck is all sore and cut.

I think its the idea of handling razor blades, also when I shave I take my specs off and can't see **** all, so I tend to shave by touch rather than use a mirror. I just have visions of my bathroom looking like an abattoir.

Hopefully unjustified.

Sorry this is in reply to LVH's question.

Completely unjustified, handle razors with care and you wont cut yourself.

As for the time thing, I'm quicker with my safety razor as I do not have to spend time rinsing the stubble off it so it does not clog up, like I have to do with cartridge razors.