4 Arrested in Terror raids

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by re-stilly, Nov 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 4 more arrested in Brum for terror offences Linky. Why does Brum seem to be the epicentre of this these days?? I would have thought Bradford, Luton or Leicester would be more inclined to be involved.
  2. 19 and 24. So they were 9 and 14 when the current GWAT kicked off. I wonder when, exactly, they formed the ideology to fight the western, christian oppressors who gave their families a home and financial welfare benefits?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I know this is CA but everytime i see anti-terror raids in the brum area I can't get this out of my head.

I had a conversation with someone at my work the last time this sort of raid was carried out. My colleague was saying it was a waste of time because they never seem to be charged with anything. I pointed out that if certain intel had been actioned in this way we might have averted the 7th of July bombings but he wasn't having it. He's the sort of bloke that the day after an attack will slate the OB for not doing enough.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Could it have been when Cameron's Big Society stopped their dad and mum's DLA and carers allowance and took the two motability cars off them ?
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Don't know why but I got an image of that betting shop girl from the film Snatch as a dole clerk

"Granted Pakis, but you were training in the desert so not available for work in UK so all benefits are off".
  6. OK, let me make a wild and reckless stereotypical uess…

4 middle aged white middle class WI members?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. You are possibly referring to the terrible mix up over the terrorist cookbook used to protect the modesty of Ms February on the charity calendar.
  8. Possibly the highest proportion of Asian people in the country with areas that are exclusively Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Somalian etc.
    Plus, a big branch of Box 500 based somewhere in the city tells me that a lot is going on.

This lot were from Sparkhill apparently and will come as no surprise to those that know the area.
  9. My sister once had a dog that was black and brown with a small white patch, She called it Sparkhill

I'll get my coat.........
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Is this the area that had CCTV cameras installed, which subsequently had to be removed because it offended the good and law-abiding citizens?
  11. Ha ha. Now that's actually quite funny.
  12. I think so, or it is very near.

However, there is more than one way to skin a cat if you get my drift :wink:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I was actually thinking along the lines of the "4 lions" when i heard this..

14. Wrong type of raghead, Silly. Leicester is more Hindu, and they become doctors of the non-spontaneously-ignighting variety. Very useful for burns units. The trouble with the spontaneously-ignighting doctors, is that they are more likely to become patients, than medics.

15. Had to drive through Lozells area of Birmingham a few times recently. no way does it seem like part of the UK. A very odd and disturbing feeling.