4/73 Document

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by v0lkswag3n, Jul 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Taken from "Artillery Soldier - British Army Website".

Gunner Special OP - Volunteers for 4/73 Bty RA (5 Regt RA) will need to pass a 20 week Special Observer Patrols Course following Phase 2 Training. Further information can be found DIN: 2006 DIN002-211, a useful reference document for potential direct entry recruits.

Does anyone from the depths of ARRSE have this document stored away or know where it can be found?
  2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I'm sure that the BSM of 4/73 (Sphinx) Bty will have a copy in his desk.
  3. We on ARRSE, do always suggest in the case of 4/73 Bty, speak to the battery, they are more than happy to assist in any request for advice and guidance in your quest to join the best sub-unit in the Royal Regiment, look at some of the other Special OP, 4/73, and other related posts
  4. Thanks for your replies. Does anyone have contact details for 4/73 Bty? The nearest I can find is the address for 5 Regt. RA which would seem a bit vague to write to. Cheers.
  5. Go onto army net, type in 4/73 in the search window, press the search site button

When the page comes up press the ‘ join’ link

When on the ‘How to Join 4/73 Special OP Bty’ page press the ‘Apply for an Application pack’ link

When done press submit

It took me all of 5 minutes to find that, are you sure you are cut out for Spec Ops ;)
  6. It seems a service number is required to register with Army NET, something which I am as yet to possess!
  7. msr

msr LE

Best you join the army first, then worry about 4/73.

8. Well you don't need to know, until you complete basic training then!
  9. Oh Dear another one :D:D:D
  10. It's just some research prior to job choice, namely if SUTs can apply directly from phase 2 for 4/73 as there are conflicting views on this, and whether colour vision CP4 is acceptable within the Bty. If anyone has contact details for 4/73 then I would be most grateful if you could pass them on to me & I can have my queries answered from those in the know. Thanks!
  11. A further 2 minutes of searching brought me this

Try typing ‘ 4/73 battery RA’ into google

I would suggest you will fit in well with the dropshorts ;)