4/73 Document

Taken from "Artillery Soldier - British Army Website".

Gunner Special OP - Volunteers for 4/73 Bty RA (5 Regt RA) will need to pass a 20 week Special Observer Patrols Course following Phase 2 Training. Further information can be found DIN: 2006 DIN002-211, a useful reference document for potential direct entry recruits.

Does anyone from the depths of ARRSE have this document stored away or know where it can be found?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm sure that the BSM of 4/73 (Sphinx) Bty will have a copy in his desk.

We on ARRSE, do always suggest in the case of 4/73 Bty, speak to the battery, they are more than happy to assist in any request for advice and guidance in your quest to join the best sub-unit in the Royal Regiment, look at some of the other Special OP, 4/73, and other related posts

Thanks for your replies. Does anyone have contact details for 4/73 Bty? The nearest I can find is the address for 5 Regt. RA which would seem a bit vague to write to. Cheers.

Go onto army net, type in 4/73 in the search window, press the search site button

When the page comes up press the ‘ join’ link

When on the ‘How to Join 4/73 Special OP Bty’ page press the ‘Apply for an Application pack’ link

When done press submit

It took me all of 5 minutes to find that, are you sure you are cut out for Spec Ops ;)

It seems a service number is required to register with Army NET, something which I am as yet to possess!
Best you join the army first, then worry about 4/73.

msr

It's just some research prior to job choice, namely if SUTs can apply directly from phase 2 for 4/73 as there are conflicting views on this, and whether colour vision CP4 is acceptable within the Bty. If anyone has contact details for 4/73 then I would be most grateful if you could pass them on to me & I can have my queries answered from those in the know. Thanks!

A further 2 minutes of searching brought me this

Try typing ‘ 4/73 battery RA’ into google

I would suggest you will fit in well with the dropshorts ;)