4,000 people a week trying to leave UK

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Aug 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

According to the Express:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/15642/4,000-people-a-week-trying-to-leave-UK

BRITAIN is facing a mass exodus of people looking to escape the crime and grime of modern living.

The country’s biggest foreign visa consultancy firm has revealed that applications have soared in the last seven months by 80 per cent to almost 4,000 a week. Ten years ago the figure was just 300 a week.

Most people are relocating within the Commonwealth – in Australia, Canada and South Africa

2. Unfortunately it's the wrong 4'000 a week.

"And many cite their reason for wanting to quit as immigration to these shores – and the burden it is placing on their communities and local authorities. The dearth of good schools, spiralling house prices, rising crime and tax increases are also driving people away".

Come on Brown, grow some b0ll0cks and stop the invasion of the UK.

3. Shame thats not an obstruction on the way in...

4. Well you people should have stayed the first time you found this place. Is it any wonder that you've decided fresh air, beaches, babes in bikinis(thank you oz_duke) and great piss is a reason to return. You could call it a tax deduction in that you are coming back to check on us convicts. Leave your border jumpers there though, otherwise we'll put them in Villawood... mmmmmmmm Villawood. Come back our pasty skinned brothers. PMSL :D

5. down under wrote:babes in bikinis

The only problem with that is all the babes who are not covered in 10cm of sun cream are Brit birds.

And we all know they will smoke all your fags drink all your booze and eat all your pies.

I've got a Buddha in the house that has been smoking my fags and drinking my vodka while I'm at work , so I don't get home sick anymore.

6. :D :D :D Good on ya mate it's your shout, cant get the sand from between my toes, just have to dip them again in this Queensland, Pacific Ocean, and lots of fishing, so good on you sport, gooday :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) P.S just been to my local club Roast and vegies around 3 quid, and now i get a free meal for my birthday at this club and a free beer with it, my club membership costs 1 quid a year,bloody rough here :D :D :D forgot petrol 50 pence a liter. bit cold for swiming in my pool only 26 degrees cent today about just under 70degrees far. do miss real beer. :p

7. Wait... Please tell me those are immigration obstructions put in place by other countries and not our restrictions on who can leave...

8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

In the unlikely event I should ever wish to leave this royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by nature for herself against infection and the hand of war, this happy breed of men, this little world, this precious stone set in the silver sea, which serves it in the office of a wall, or as a moat defensive to a house, against the envy of less happier lands, this blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England, this nurse, this teeming womb of royal kings, fear'd by their breed and famous by their birth...

...and I chose to live in a cultural desert in the arrse end of nowhere, infested by fresh water crocs, great white sharks, spiders, scorpions, jellyfish and snakes where the people spoke in a horrible, nasal 2 stroke whine, where you had to paint your nose white when going outdoors, where the beer was piss and everybody hated me, Australia would be my first choice.

I wonder how many of those 4,000 a week have cashed in on rocketing house prices in the UK to retire to the sun?

And I wonder how many try crawling back to our NHS when they get sick and decrepid?

I hope we have the balls to tell them to do one.

Chavs, scum and horrible politicians I can deal with. You'll only get me off this island permenantly feet first in a wooden box on the shoulders of 6 guys who are all wondering if I've sprung for a free bar at the wake.

9. The Iron Duke,
    you sir are the epitome of the Englishman. Good on ya. All I was saying was....... why'd did you fellas leave? But you've answered that you Englishman. I doff me hat to ye. Good on ya mate. :D

10. I can understand the situation, but its not doing the country any good...I meant Brits leaving Britain.

I also dont think many people see the long term effects of emigratting...not only that but what makes people think that these countries want British people, to take their jobs and homes??

I dont think emigratting is quite as easy as people think it is, I know in some countries they want people to match a certain criteria and have a certain amount of cash to begin with.

11. There's heaps of POHMs here in Oz mate, and we love you all. No such thing as an unlovavable pom... Come on over,... and bring Her Majesty with you, I am sure Her Grace would like a change...

12. I'm not leaving this green and pleasant land for any foreign toe-rag.

13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

And quite right too - who would want the Chavs and Pikeys thet are the problem in the UK these days.

Emmigration is a piece of pi$$. Anybody with an ounce of oomph and something to contribute can do it. And believe me just about any place I've live in the last 10 years is a sh1t lot better than living in the UK, and a damned sight cheaper too.

Oz is my first choice having lived there for a few years and I'll be returning this November.

Who in their right mind would want to live in the UK these days - give me one good thing about living there?

Attached Files: