3rd battalion the royal welsh

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by sweetjebus, May 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anybody got any info about this regiment, if its any good or if any body who or has served with them can shed any info?

I,m unsure about what to do in the army so I,m just looking for a lot of useful information to help make up my mind and I,d rather hear it from other peoples point of view.
  2. Brilliant bunch I did a few years with them when I left the Regs, and was with them in the HSF.
  3. cool thinking about popping down to see them in a few weeks, whats there manning power like, would I be waiting some time to get in?
  4. I dont know at the moment,but I know a bloke who does, and I am seeing him tomorrow, so Ill ask on your behalf if you want, or you could ring Maindy Barracks on 02920 220251 and ask your self
  5. ask your muker and thanks for the number :D
  7. Have a look at the MOD website/ Territorial and reserve forces, the info you requier should be there
  8. PM sent
  9. you,ve been very helpful :D
  10. No sweat mate, if you live in the Cardiff area there are a lot of things you can do in the TA, and though I hate to say it the RNR, but you have to go to Bristol to go commando
  11. Which part of the country are you in?
  12. If the OP is determined to go commando, could I suggest the RMR at Ty Llwellyn?

Actually, no, I really can't, on account of being a very happy 3 R WELSH soldier. As with every single unit ever, it has ups, downs, kn0bjockeys and quality blokes, but definitely more of the first and last than average. We have just come back from Cyprus (and a very good time it was too.) Uzbekistan and France were before my time, but the CoC makes an effort to get us out and about.

We are building up to support Herrick 16, but with the new infantry training package taking as long as it does, if you want to go, now's the time to get in.

Is it for you? Who knows. The character of the place varies from company location to company location (f'rinstance, don't join C Coy unless you have a bottomless capacity for Strongbow) and you won't know until you look.

How does the future look? Murky, to be honest, but that's true for everyone at the moment, with the defence budget and the economy being the way they are. Still, the regiment and it's forebears have been around for longer than the USA, so we're not going anywhere just yet...
  13. Do you know Tin-Tin his Dad told me it was great in Cyprus
  14. I do indeed, although I want him out of Sigs Pl best speed, on account of him having some kind of "kiss of death" effect on 352s..... 3 sets in 3 days.... :D
  15. Oh you just made my day, cant wait to take the urine on that one,Ill probably be seeing the Rev James's grandson latter, the short rather portly major, as I am off to my office, the bar of the Old Arcade, for a liquid lunch