3rd Battalion The Mercians Dudley Town Centre 23/04/09

BBC Link

Battalion in town centre parade

Soldiers are to parade through a West Midlands town centre on St George's Day before their battalion moves to Germany in the summer.

The 3rd Battalion The Mercian Regiment (Staffords), formerly the 1st Battalion the Staffordshire Regiment, is to march in Dudley on Thursday afternoon.
The battalion, which is based in Tidworth, Wiltshire, will move to Fallingbostel in July.
A reception at the Council House in Dudley will follow the parade.
The battalion said it was "keen to maintain the strong links" with the local communities and civic leaders in the Midlands.
The South Staffordshire Regiment has recruited from Dudley and the surrounding area for more than 200 years.
The South Staffords amalgamated with the North Staffords in 1959.
In September 2007 the Staffords merged with the Cheshire and Worcestershire & Sherwood Foresters Regiments to form The Mercian Regiment.
As long as my job finishes on time I'll be there. Good to see it's well publicised again (on the day only?).

Too late for me to book time off to go and watch, but have a good parade lads!

:D :D :D :D :D

Rodney2q

it was a great day getting spat on by the ethnic races of dudley and nothing was done about it thats how much my boys are respected in there own towns

jeffhirst said:
it was a great day getting spat on by the ethnic races of dudley and nothing was done about it thats how much my boys are respected in there own towns
Bloody 'ell that's disgusting behaviour :-(

jeffhirst said:
My first year of university was spent in this 'garden spot', I had several altercations with the potato-shaped head inbred mong local chavs between the campus and JBs club...an impression of the area is that the University student union had to shut down its Islamic society in 2000 due to extremism! Even before 9/11! Tipton, where several inmates of Guantanamo originated is just up the road...

Latest Threads