3MI open evening

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by monging_it, May 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi chaps

I shall be attending the upcoming open evening at 3MI.

I’ve been told that it will last for 2.5hrs and consist of a briefing and interviews.
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there will be any tests on the night which I should be preparing for such as the barb test or is it honestly just an evening of briefings and interviews?

Thanks in advance.

2. As far as I was told it's a briefing and interview with some social aspect as well. The proper testing comes on the selection weekend.

3. Ah, I see you've spotted the deception. Obviously the clear and precise description you were provided with is wrong, I am now cleared to release the actual programme:

Introduction
    Lecture - Humint and you, or - how to wear North Face and a pistol holster like you mean business
    Arabic Test
    Lecture - Imint and you, or - Geeks maybe, but not as bad as darksiders
    Knife Fighting Assessment
    Lecture - Cbt Int and you, or - hang on, do we do this any more since the Soviet Union fell apart ?
    Abseiling demo
    Lecture - Security and you, or - it really is as boring as it sounds
    Underwater ninja skills intro
    Lecture - COIN and you, or - get packing for Chilwell right away
    Interview
    Liaison intro

(I know I bit, but sometimes it's too much to resist)

4. You forgot the Resettlement Brief - no that's only given to regular recruits to prepare them for their premature discharge following their short and wholly mismanaged careers. :D

5. Fair but true. If the event was held in Keynsham you would need to make sure the offer of either Lassagne + GB or Chilli is made up front to guarentee any attendance.

PS: Did I lend you my HJ RZM-32 15cm, dress dagger on the last weekend ?